What's wrong with my PS3?

Alright, so I've had one of my PS3 for about a couple of months anyway so I've never did online playing my brother had sold his PS3 and he gave me the game "Gta5" I played it for my first time and it just... froze. Not just the game, but my whole PlayStation. Even playing the story mode it still froze, my friend even brought her own game and it still froze! It works fine if I play Spotify, or watch Netflix and Hulu. I then decided today to get a trade in, so now I have a new PS3 and I tested it out again with the game "gta5" and guess what... IT STILL FUCKING FROZE! So yeah I even self cleaned it, not once, but 3 times. I have no idea what to do , someone help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you have the latest system patches and updates? Including the game's update patches?

• The same exact problem occurs on 2 different PS3s so it has to be the game itself or the disc itself and not the console.

If any other game discs plays fine on both PS3s and doesn't get the same technical issue then that verifies the PS3 consoles are fine.

And since you said you already have the latest updates and patches, maybe deleting the game's update and then re-downloading or re-updating it again and to see if that helps.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• Why did you buy a new console for a single game not working? 😂

Oh god, thats funny.

Its not the console its the game!

Argh, lack of technological logic annoys the crap outta me but this is just funny!

What Guys Said 6

• Mine does that every once and a while. Just turn it off and then back on again and it should start working again. It just means it's showing its age, be sure to save often so you don't lose to much progress when it happens.

• maybe the disc is in bad conditon, try using another disc

• Why ask that here and not on a proper console peasant forum?

• Make sure the PS3 is updated.

• Is the disk scratched

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 0