Has anyone ever seen a smaller person defeat a larger person in a fight?

There was a bully in my high school that was part of the wrestling team, he would always pick on the short scrawny guys. He wouldn't dare pick on me because I am stocky. When the bully tried to pick on one smaller kid, the kid used a Jujutsu thumb crush on him to subdue him. It was funny because he made the bully dance like ballerina with the thumb crush. It wasn't really a fight, but more of stopping a fight from happening in the first place. I know that Ikuhisa Minowa, Satoshi Hasegawa, Fedor Emilianenko and Josh Barnett are all "giant killers"(people who beat larger opponents) in MMA, but I am talking about scenarios you witnessed in public. Have you ever witnessed a smaller person get the upper hand on a larger person?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

Most Helpful Guy

• plenty of times in the ufc. royce gracie was 170lbs and would beat guys twice his weight and even beat a 600lbs guy.

• I've seen many videos of smaller MMA fighters defeating 600lbs MMA fighters. That's a big size difference.

What Girls Said 1

• Never seen a physical fight in public.

What Guys Said 9

• Legit Floyd Mayweather here. The big dude got dropped like a sack of shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhO2Ug9t8M

Yes, i've witnessed a smaller person beat a bigger person with and without weapons.

• Many times yeah

• All the time, in martial arts. And in reality, a bigger guy has a better chance in a controlled contest against a martial artists, than in no holds barred combat. I know that taller guys that don't know how to fight are vulnerable in the front of the neck against shorter guys. If we're not talking about height and only weight, then there are advantages to being smaller if the small guy has more white muscle, that means more speed.

Of course, most people don't know how to fight, so all else being equal, the bigger guy wins.

• There is no doubt that size gives a person a advantage, but there various skilled fighters (mentioned in the details) that have defeated equally skilled larger opponents. Satoshi Hasegawa made the 6'11" Semmy Schilt tap out. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V23quKeW8Lw

• As I said, there are advantages and disadvantages to smaller size. I wouldn't even count a controlled competition as a scientific conclusion, because a real fight is not controlled.

• yea michael bisping vs luke rockhold

• Mike Tyson matches lmao

• Yes, I have seen someone show me something call chin na. He grabbed someone who was twice his size and knocked him over. It was actually amusing.

• I've heard about that art, they are Chinese joint lock techniques.

• Yes i have. It's all about technique, furiosity and stamina.

• Yeah

• Yep I seen a 5 foot 1 guy beat the shit out of three foot plus guys

• That 5 foot 1 guy must be very skilled to beat up larger opponents.