Peanut butter and jelly now considered racist?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know about racist but that and a glass of milk sounds delicious.

What Girls Said 17

What Guys Said 14

• I've been saying this on GAG for a long time: These Social Justice Warrior types are whack job nut cases. And this principal is in charge of teaching kids. smh

• *makes a toasted maybe even burnt peanut butter sandwich with chunky peanut butter and real fruit jam*

*gasp* I am such a racist.

• Lol! The stupid tank is overflowing. It's fucking FOOD. It doesn't have an opinion.

Even if you were eating live sushi, the closest thing it could have to an opinion is AAAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH...

Food is inanimate. (With the above exception). It cannot be racist.

What CAN BE racist though, is a school administrator, making shit about race that has no business being about race.

Serve kids a variety of ethnic food. We're a fucking melting pot for god's sake. Let's act like it.

• The word racist has lost its meaning. When it is said I just dont have a reaction other that here we go, another whinner complaining at the drop of the hat. So many fake accounts of racism too anymore, this was done to me, this was said to me, this was left here for me... all proven later to be BS but it keeps happening.

• Absolutely ridiculous.

• I was seriously about to make a PB&J (with raspberry jam) :-D

• 0|0
    • It startles me how lazy people are when they read the claims of others, let me get the quote:

"Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day.

Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.

“Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

( portlandtribune. com/pt/9-news/114604-schools-beat-the-drum-for-equity )

It was written in 2012 (no idea why they are reporting on it in fucking 2016) and for fuck's sake stop proving the goddamn international community right about how stupid Americans are. Why didn't ANYONE look for a second source? The FIRST thing I did. Because it's total bullshit.

• I assume it is satire I hope.

• If those were around, I'd probably still eat it

• bread is suspiciously crusty and white.

• I'm not getting the connection.

• That moment when you can't tell a troll from a SJW

• Hahahaha reminds me of the video where a black woman really didn't like to see a white guy with dreadlocks, apparently because dreadlocks are only meant for black people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiEZsQyqAIk