You found a wallet with $5,000 in it. The person's name & number is also in the wallet. What would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd call them and give it back, simple. I wouldn't take any of their money.

Most Helpful Guy

• Give it back. The cops might not find you, but Karma will.

What Girls Said 33

• No Doubt about it, Call the Happy Camper whose ID is Inside as I take my Ride... To Meet and Greet him with his Full Contents of What I know will be a Contented owner.
    Good luck and Great question... Jesus loves you and All of the Other Honest Gaggers here, dear. xx

• would you expect a reward from the owner after you return it?

• No, never "Expect" and I would not be Hurt if he or she didn't give me a penny.. It has to come from the heart right from the start.
      I only care that I have Served God by giving it back and know how I would feel if it were me on the other side of that wallet. xx

• Call the person and tell them I found their wallet and how much is in it. Where would they like to meet, or would they like me to post it recorded delivery to them.

I know how much every penny counts and although it's tempting to steal, that money could be a holiday, or baby clothes, or someone's coffin for a recently passed family member. I would be devastated if it happened to me and I wouldn't dare do it to someone else.

• Sure, I might feel tempted to keep the money, but I'd know that I would never be able to live with that decision. I would absolutely return it. It's the only right thing to do.

• Return it with the money in it. I couldn't live with myself if I took someone's money like that. You never know what they need it for. I once lost my wallet and it only had $20 in it. The person who found it took the money but returned the wallet. $20 isn't much, but I was still annoyed that they felt the need to take the money.

• Take like 10-20$ to buy food [possibly to give to a homeless person if i see them] and drop the wallet+money at the nearest police station

• Return it. I'm not going to steal anything.

• Without a doubt I'd call them to return it. And no, I wouldn't expect a reward.

• Return it.

If they give me a reward then they give me a reward. If they don't, then knowing I helped someone remain financially secure is reward enough.

• I actually used to know this guy. He was older and we used to just hang out and talk about stuff. Turns out he was a corporate litigator and was loaded. Anyway he wrote me a check for $10,000 just for listening to his problems.

I ripped that check up. My mom still tells that story. I don't want a dime that I don't feel like I earned. I would return the wallet, without a doubt.

• Call them and tell them.

I fully believe in karma.

• Give it back if they don't live to far away or leave it at the nearest police station.

• I would first fantasize about what I could do with the money. Then I would just end up returning it.

• Call and ask them how I can return their wallet to them

• return it, i don't want someone else's hard earned money

• I've found a wallet with $700.00 before I called the owner and gave him everything back. I would call the owner and meet up with them so they can have their wallet back.

• or even if you don't expect a reward, do you think the owner of the wallet should give you a reward?

• No I never expect a reward; kindness shouldn't be done because you expect something in return. If anything I do it because it's the way I was raised and because it would please God.

• Finders keepers, loser's weepers

• Give it back

• Call the person and say you have there wallet and left it at whatever location... I've done that plenty of times

• Return it. It's what I'd want someone to do for me.

• Return I have no right to it and my mama ain't raised no damn theif.

• Return it with all the money still in there. It's not my money to spend.

• I know I'm a bad person, but as of right now, I need that money, badly. I could start a new life with $5,000. So I'd keep it. Sue me.

• What if the guy traced it to you and said you void keep the 5k of you fucked him? Would you do it?

• @Zack1994 How the hell could he possibly trace it to me?

• It's 2016 I'm sure it can be done what if he was a billionaire. who carries 5 cash?

• Call him/her and return It.

• I'd give it back. It's not mine. My parents raised me better than that.

• Give it back, it's not mine

• The right thing give him a call.

• Call the person and give him back what he worked for

• Give it back and they'd probably give me a bigger reward

• Return it to them.

• Even though i would've loved to have it i obviously would return it. They worked hard for it and i believe in working hard for what you want. If i kept it i would feel guilty and i would've spent it on stupid things like cute new clothes anyways. it's better to be a good person and return what is not yours.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 27

• Return it. I am not a thief.

• Call them and let them know I have it. Then we could arrange to meet so it could be returned. I would want the same done to me if someone found my lost wallet.

• Fuck. Sigh...
    I'm just going to return it.
    A part of me really don't want to , I really need the money , it's not even for me , it's for someone else...
    Maybe I'll get a reward for it , if not well... fuck at least I tried to do the right thing.

• Call the person and meet with them with all of their money intact ASAP. Just last week while I was out of town in Orlando I left my wallet out on a table just outside of the hotel I was staying at. I mean this is Florida we're talking about where many people vacation at, anyone could've just took the few hundred dollars cash I had, not to mention cards as extra spending money for their vacation. Karma must've been on my side 😊

• i found a wallet with a few hundred dollars once on the bus. i gave it to the bus driver but when i got off i thought maybe he would steal it instead.

• What would I do? Give them the wallet WITH the money. For all I know it could be money to save their life (medical) and me taking it could end it, making me a lowest form of scum without even knowing it. (I may be a villain, but not that kind, that's for 'street thugs' I got morals man) :v

Funny this question was in my feed because we had a similar discussion last week and it pissed me off as to how many would keep the money WITHOUT caring about how it would affect the person it belongs to.

• I'd give em call and have them pick up their wallet and cash.

• I'd give it back without even hesitating. I've already done something similar in the past with not only a wallet, but an iPhone.

• I'd find the person and give them back their wallet!

• Call them, give it back. Do unto others as you'd do to yourself.

• I would call them and let them know I found their wallet. I know if I lost my wallet, especially if I had $5,000 in it is be worried sick, so I'd do the right thing.

• Give it back but we all know not everyone has done that before lol.

• Take all the money. Burn the wallet.

• Return it, but I might steal a few hundred (not proud of that, but I know myself well enough).

• Give it back.

• I'd call the person and give them back their money

• Return it.

• just give the persons wallet back.

• I've had my wallet returned to me from other states 3 times in my life, I'd pay the favor forward.

• Call the owner!

• People don't drop that kinda money and let it slide, I'd be in trouble if I don't return it.

• Give it back... What good is $5000 if it comes at the expense of another?

• SEND IT TO Canada.

• if the person keeps it, i will find them and bash them up...

• Drop it off at the closest police station and let them deal with it.

• Keep the money and wallet.

• take the money then call them and give it back to them and say it was empty when i found it