Guns and your opinions on them?

What do you guys think of the fact that a muslim guy can buy an AR-15 assault rifle and a handgun legally. To then go in a gay club and shoot 50 people and injure 50 more. Gun violence has gone up in the last 8 years in USA.

Gun advocates say guns protect you. It didn't protect those 50 dead and 50 injured?

Most Helpful Girl

• I said that before A day from the accident. It killed people more than protect them. In fact if Gun is illegal there's no need for self defense

• Exactly!

• I don't mean that people can't kill. But it will reduce it. nothing make killing easier than Gun.
      + in same day of accident an American singer got killed by Gun

What Girls Said 3

• Ffs. What do you think about the fact that christian/atheist guys also can get guns legally? Elliot Rodgers and the like?
    Y'all say that when a Muslim goes on a mass shooting spree, they're a terrorist and no Muslims should get to own guns. But when people like Elliot Rodgers, who's basically not Muslims, go on mass shooting sprees, they're just "mentally ill" and "troubled kids", and it was an "isolated incident".

• Yea him too. I mean anyone. I just used muslim because of the recent attack. But I really mean anyone living in America

• Precisely what I thought.

• How about we stop handing maniacs guns?

• I think people should be able to own guns, but I feel like more extensive procedures like background checks and such should be done before one gets the gun.

What Guys Said 17

• ... no it didn't but the guns the cops had prevented that number from going higher by killing the shooter.

• I don't understand how professionally trained law enforcement officer wasn't able to take out a fucking retard with an AR 15 sooner. A lot of anger and frustration.

• I said this yesterday and I got scolded for doing so but I'm going to stand by my statement: I wish guns were illegal for everybody except the military.

• First of all it was a tragedy.

Was it avoidable? Unfortunately no.

Compare this attack to that of Paris (13th Nov. and Charlie Hebdo). How could a group of terrorist get their hands on guns/ammo and waltz into a capital city to murder hundreds of innocent people? Did the gun laws there prevent it?

I think this is an issue of surveillance and counter-terorrism.

• But paris doesn't have a gun problem. That is an outlier. America has gun voilence and shooting are just getting worse which can be correlated to easy accesible weapons

• Clearly we should ban muslims from owning guns in the USA.

• One would have to look at what has changed in the last 8 years. To see what the spike is correlated with. Obama is on his 8th year... what has he been up to? Because he certainly hasn't made it easier to obtain guns.

• So you live in USA right

Walk me through what it takes for an average guy like me to get a handgun

• Purpose of a gun could be to take a life. It could be to stop a attacker that is bigger than you, without killing them. It could be for target practice. It could be to scare someone off. The purpose of the tool falls to the decision of the user. Just like how I can hop in my car right now and run someone over. My purpose would be to kill and therefore the cars purpose would be the same.

• The logic of if no one has it, then no one can steal it. While true is simply just silly.

If you want a motorcycle and I tell you not to buy one. If you were to go buy one and it ends up stolen the next day. With your logic I'd be justified in saying, "if you just listened to me when I said not to buy a motorcycle it wouldn't have gotten stolen!". Yea, if you don't have shit to take then no one can take anything from you. Does that mean we shouldn't have anything? What if someone stole your car to rob a bank and ran people over? If there were no cars that would never happen.

• No one in the club had a gun, how could it protect them if no one had one?
    However, when a man crashed his car into a crowded Macy's and than proceeded to stab random people an off duty cop, who luckily believed in owning guns shot and liked the man saving the lives of many.

abcnews.go.com/.../story?id=39023457

• It does make it okay to buy one, why because that's one of our constitutionally guaranteed liberty, and yes some people, despite passing background checks will abuse that liberty, kind of similar to the first amendment. It's a constitutionally guaranteed liberty, but some will abuse like the KKK does, but guess what I'm not about to sacrifice that so you feel better, just like I'm not willing to sacrifice my liberty to bare arms.

• Should we also suspend due process because criminals don't always get convicted?

• I thought it was a machine gun? Since machine guns have basically been illegal for 30 years, this had to have been a fluke.

• Assualt rifle. Not sure if its the same thing as a machine gun

• Then I guess not a machine gun. It was defiantly an assault rifle AR-15 i think

• It seems bizzare that he would be able to inflict 50 fatalities, then. Were there no guards around? Clubs usually have some armed staff. What about the emergency exits?

Inflicting 50 fatalities is really, really hard, even with a gun. I'm shocked that he could pull it off.

• Glad somebody's still straight.

• guns don't make sense.

• I could get a gun illegally in 15 minutes just like I can get illegal drugs. What magical world do you live in where turning responsible citizens into criminals stops criminal activity?

• Exactly that means if you ever feel like 'breaking bad' you can within 15 mins. And thats a terrifying thought considering humans are very emotional beings

When the heat is on we become unpredictable

• The problem is less on major criminals. The issues lie in everyday people. Those are the ones that need to have no access

When you give everyday people access to guns. You allow them to emotinally use it when they feel fit

If guns are less available people are less inclinced to tip toe around back alleys looking for a peice

• OK, keep trolling... whatever

• Black market and buy it we are right next to mexico easy to get it.

So as long as there a black market we need guns

• I wish the racism wasn't tied in. You have a point but you dampened it.

• I just used muslim because of the recent event. But I actually mean anyone living in USA

• I know. And you are right that gun violence and a lack of firearm protocols are problematic, but it was weakened instantly. People won't read it as you intended.

• if it wasn't a gun then it would have been a bomb he would have just had taken longer.

• Taking longer and having a more complicated route to murder mass amounts of people is prefered. Lenght of time can allow for hiccups in the plan and even halt it if so

• Perhaps or he might have gotten lazy and used a knife. There are countries with gun laws and without. Some have violence some dont. There is no correlation. Gun laws are not the lynch pin. It what our societies are becoming I won't go into Islam issues now.

• where is your source that he did that. In France and Belgium ISIS recruits were able to fully automatic AK47's no problem. You could likely buy any full auto gun off the Mexican drug dealers as they are able to smuggle them across the boarder. Mexico is full of gun violence but yet it is illegal for an honest citizen to own a gun.

• Source? It was the news basically

Really not many people are wiling to buy weapons from mexicans cartel lol thats a very select group

• Well thats where he would have gone if the FBI/ATF had done there jobs. How long until they decide to shoot up neighbourhoods and Jewish communities.

• Obama's own Chicago is a gun-free zone, and look how high the gun crime is there. People will get guns, illegal or not. Taking them out of law-abiding citizens' hands will only make people less safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-OIlbVggR0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-eNiDrJfsc

This next woman probably would have been raped by these thugs if she hadn't been armed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thVhVjn59mg

And my personal favorite:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzoAhS0M70

• guna free zones are not going to cut it. America is littered with almost 300,000,000 guns roaming around. The constitution allows for guns. People want guns.

Its gotten out of control now that it seems no one wants to live without a weapon anymore.

• An armed population keeps its government in check, for starters.

• Although obviously, a well trained army would squash opposition in a direct engagement. However, in the long run, the people would win out through sheer numbers.

• If those 50 people had pistols most, if not all, would have survived. You don't get to take my protection because Obama is soft on criminals and terrorists.

• But they didn't and if those 50
      People had pistols they would also probably be plenty more by standers getting shot

• Its not really about gun safety. Its more to do with human emotion

Not everone is capable of being disciplined. Miltary have a better chance because they have to mentally prepare very hard

But average civilians will let their emotions get the better of them and next thing you know some dude is shooting someone else for having sex with his sister. Happens all the time

• 300 million guns in the country with millions and millions of gun owners who are just fine and haven't hurt anyone even with all the frustrations of daily life. Hammers get used more to kill. Cars are used. Kitchen knives are used many time. People who want to lash out will lash out but at least some will be armed and can protect themselves, their family and even neighbors.