Do terrorist groups only have a problem with the west or is it simply a problem they have with humanity?

the question says it all. i think humanity but im aware that other people disagree. i thought id do a poll to see where the majority sways

• the west
    40% (6)26% (5)32% (11)Vote
  • humanity
    60% (9)74% (14)68% (23)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|15

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the terrorist group in question, but I'd say that the majority either don't care about the west or only care about it peripherally. Most terrorist groups are local, and are concerned with local matters.

Hezbollah, for example, is primarily concerned with Israel. The IRA was primarily concerned with Northern Ireland. The Khmer Rouge was concerned with Cambodia, and so on.

Europe, being much closer to many of these places, and having more immigration from them, has been dealing with terrorism for much longer than we have in the US. Note that the Russians dealt with plenty of it during the Cold War - though they were absolutely brutal in quashing it so it didn't tend to get very far (Russia wasn't overly concerned about "collateral damage").

If you are looking at international Muslim extremists - which I get the sense you are talking about - then they believe that non-Muslims must either convert to their flavor of Islam AND that God has commanded them to kill all those who refuse. It should be noted that this is NOT what mainstream Islam teaches - the extremists who think this way are akin to, say, the Aryan Nations considering themselves "Christians" and believing that killing non-whites is what God wants them to do - in other words, they are fringe groups and not part of the mainstream religion.

0|0
    0|0
    • the thing with the IRA they eventually crossed the ocean and started hitting places in england. so they tried to expand before that got hit on the head.

and i posted an opinion on here a while ago that once these people step away from the main core belief system, they are no longer part of that religion. they have effectively created their own religion with really extreme practices. however i think this might be stating the obvious but they have their own agenda which comes from their ego. using islam as an example, if it really does say that in the quran, then everyone has a right to fear for their lives. i also think sometimes people twist the holy books in the way they want it to be read rather than reading it at the context and what it actually meant. im a christian and I've seen christians try and use the bible to justify what theyre doing or what they want to do. i definitely agree with your last sentence.

What Girls Said 2

• Who ever don't believe like they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think just humanity

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• Islamic ones are part of one of the world's oldest supremacist death cults.

The entire mentality is this:

1. "We're us, and therefore, we're better than everyone else."
    2. "And anyone who's not us, sucks, and needs to die."
    3. "And God must surely see it that way too."
    4. "And it must therefore be okay for us - the men, at least, to have sex with almost anything we want."
    5. "But pigs are nasty."
    6. "And so those not-us that live all around us, they too are nasty. They are like pigs. F* pigs. Kill pigs. All pigs. All types."
    7. "Pigs are stupid. Pigs don't know the difference between true compassion and being a doormat. We will use that to infiltrate them and destroy them!"
    8. "It's unmanly to be an entrepreneur, to earn an honest wage. Manliness is to beat someone bloody and take their wealth."
    9. "Therefore, it's the fault of others being successful that makes us not successful, not the fact that we don't understand how to earn or maintain success."
    10. "Our ancestors are not honored unless we claim land for them. The pigs! We'll conquer their land! That will do just fine!"
    11. "But... their women are so hot! And so different from ours! We're OWED sex from these hot women!"
    12. "Hell, even their KIDS and GOATS are hot! We'll have sex with those too!"

When you have a mindset like that, it's gonna be a sort of spiritual gray goo, slowly replacing everything not itself with itself. By hook, by crook, or by jagged scimitar waving rabidly in the air, if necessary.

ISIS are the worst of the worst, having fully embraced spitefulness and sadism the likes of which make even most Muslims' blood curdle. Bathing victims in nitric acid, for example...

Other groups, like the IRA, had reasons to exist that were much narrower in focus. They wanted to topple this or that one other thing, and would kill whoever got in their way.

The Mafia started out just wanting to protect Sicilians from everyone else. But greed - and drugs - made it lose its way.

0|0
    0|0
  • They kill more ( NON westerns ) more than westerns about this last attacks assuming it belongs to a terrorist group it was 50
    How many sryian and Iraqis and Palestinians die a day? More than 50 , 50 is like a good day there

0|1
    0|0
  • They mainly have a problem with themselves because they're obviously very sick... they just don't realize this. Religion makes people incredibly dumb. And the more religious you are, the dumber you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • i personally think its not just the west's problem: its the problem as the late george carlin put it "my god's bigger than your god". when they look out and see the west they disgusted how non muslim we actually are. and disgusted in the fact that we dont think, act or talk in a muslim way. even when we vist their countries. even though we try to adopt their customs in their home country. but also disgusted when they move to a non muslim country expecting everybody* (*there are over 250+ organised religeons) to think and and act as they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • terrorism is a problem internationally although it revolves around removing western ideals as they do not accept ideas from ancient greece which our civilizations are built upon, democracy etc.

boko haram is active in africa and their main goal is to prevent westernization. in the middle east there are also terrorists active obviously they do not accept democracy. and now they are coming to the west. this is only the beginning in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've always said they want world domination but there's too many people who will fight back for that to happen.

• megalomaniacs always want world domination, so far nobody has succeeded.

• Pretty much terrorists have problems with all who oppose them, the West is the target because of our influence and control over the globe.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think the whole humanity is sick, pathetic

0|1
    0|0
  • Terrorism isn't a matter of having a problem with anyone so much as it is simply keeping people who have a problem with you in check.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really I do not care about terrorists, only care about the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone who doesn't follow their fundamental belief system - i. e the rest of the world.

0|0
    0|0
  • They hate those who don't obey their religious beliefs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most terrorism occurs in the Middle East.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cmon.. The west is not even the number one victim of terrorism.

0|0
    0|0
    • i tried pointing this out to someone so i thought id do a poll

• Yep.. Terrorism is not just a western problem. Terrorist attacks happens more to the developing world. Africa, Asia, and I can even argue the drug cartels in South America are even comparable to terrorists. Drug cartels have known to behead people to send message to not fuck with their business.. It's a problem to everyone...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more