Is it safe to give somebody your email address and password?

Somebody wanted me to give out my email and password cause that person wants to sign up for Netflix. That person doesn't have a credit card to pay for Netflix. I told that person "no", so I'm wondering did I do the right thing?

• A.) Yes you did the right thing
  • B.) Even if you did gave out that information, no harm would be done

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah you did the right thing, the only time I'd do that is with my boyfriend, we share things, but no one else

What Girls Said 7

• You did the right thing. You shouldn't give people access to your personal things like that.

• Yes, you did the right thing. Sharing personal information and passwords is very risky.

• A
    BUT I would give it to them if i knew them irl

• Most of the time no.

The only people who have access to my accounts are my husband an sisters. We all know each other's info but make sure we let each other know we used it or ask before.

• Not safe, never do it.

• Yes you did the right thing, never ever give out personal information and passwords is risky don't ever do it.

• No no.. that person wanted to USE your Netflix account not sign up for it... smart move. They don't need someone else's email and password to sign up

What Guys Said 4

• Never give your passwords to anyone. You never know what can happen later. Could come back to haunt you.

• No never give anyone your password for your email. They can use that to change your passwords for other sites such as the bank, social media and other personal sites.

• That is very strange.

• Whhhaaa, dude; it's perfectly safe to give anyone your email address and your password to it. Now what's your credit card number, your pin number, your CSC/CVV/CVC, your home address and your mobile phone number? Oh and leave the key to your front door under your mat