How can you tell if someone is not smart?

It's hard to tell I always think everyone is doing 'better' than they are.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't tell until you start interacting with them more. What do they talk about, what are their hobbies, are they intellectual hobbies or do having a good time.

Like for me, most people probably wouldn't think I am smart because I can't think as well in social situations, and because I have yet to find a full time job. But if you look at what I do, I play guitar and bass guitar (I don't read music nor do I understand theory, but there are other ways to learn how to play), I write songs (lyrics, guitar, bass, computer drums, and try to sing, and I try to record it, mix and master the recording, but I'm still learnin by myself).

I am attempting my second instrument build, I'm trying to build an electric bass guitar, i took a short course to learn how to build an electric guitar a few years ago.

So you cannot tell, plus it depends on how much money people can spend on education. And again peopel may seem dumb in school and get bad grades, but they can become much smarter and more valuable than people who are good at school.

Most Helpful Girl

• When they don't understand jokes it's a big tell, next to them generally not knowing much about any subject, making obvious grammar mistakes and having trouble understanding difficult plans or stories. Education level tells something too.

Of course showing just one of these "signs" doesn't make anyone dumb, they might just be dyslexic or a dreamer, but the more they show, the wore.

What Guys Said 6

• You can generally see it quickly. How they articulate situations.. their sense of logic and reasoning can be apparent just through a simple conversation. Are they listening and comprehending to the things that you are saying? Does their eye contact indicate that they are topic or are they wandering off? Do they think before they speak.. some of the most intelligent people always pause for a second or two before they speak and when it finally comes out they have managed to articulate their statement in an extremely effective way. You can easily notice it.. it just sounds 'smart' lmfao. I say bro and brah all the time.. so vocabulary isn't really an absolute indicator per say.. a lot of stupid people can use fancy words as well. A perfect example is when people try to sound intelligent on this website in the heat of an argument lol. It's almost comical when someone calls me a dumb meathead and I turn the cards on them and they suddenly become tongue tied.

• A lot of dumb people on the internet like to argue by depicting little trivial grammatical errors lol. This is almost a tall tale sign that they feel inferior to you.. so much that they attack you with little angles like that just to get under your skin.

• Hmm.. A rocking body AND brains.. is there something you don't have? ^.^

• Yhe vote Republican.

• Ask them "Are you smart" If they tell you "yes".. they aren't.

• You cannot without some form of trend based report and even then...

• Everyone's smart in some aspect. There's book smart and street smart.

• Tell him next sentence "You Are Not Smart"
    That's it

What Girls Said 1