Do you use pure-gasoline or gasoline-ethanol blend (e10, e85)?

Why the choice of fuel?

• Pure-gas
  • Blend

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm planning to buy an electric car

• Fancy schmancy.
      Tesla Model 3 or Chevy volt maybe?

• @GOOSEBOY78 there's still several much cheaper ones that run just fine. I don't need a fancy overpriced car just to run errands or drive and and from work.

• apperently you do if you want a electric car.

Most Helpful Guy

• Both actually. I typically use a blend in my car and truck but with small engines I want 100% . Pure gasoline causes less head aches on small engine carburetor and other fuel system components

What Girls Said 1

• i use e10 or e95... we dont have e85 here.
    i dont even know the reason lol. my parents just told me that's what we need to use for the car...

What Guys Said 12

• I dont even use the stuff thag contains 10% ethanol which is at most gas stations nowadays. I struggle using thag because it's water based and when you have gas and a water based objects they separate. I've been told that if you use the stuff with ethanol in it in like a small gas can that if you have a little bit left in the can you should toss it cuz thats not good for the machinery. Maybe new machine it would be ok but who goes and buys a new snowblower or lawn mower ever year practically nobody. So instead I just buy the premium with no ethanol added.

• Since I don't have a steady income, pure-gas tends to be cheaper (in my state). That's not saying I have no respect for preserving the environment, it really just depends on the money I have and where I have to go.

• Here in Brazil we have the option of using just ethanol if we want to. It's common to put gasoline and/or ethanol in the car.

• Isn't all fuel sold blended with ethanol? We used to have high-octane that was pure petrol, but now they've started adding it to that and i've noticed an MPG (and probably minute hp) decrease. The normal stuff always was e5/e10.

• In the states and America's hat there are pure-gas.
      Pure gas is suppose to have worse MPG and BHP due to ethanol having lower energy density than petrol but it's better for the environment and is cheaper.

• Pure gasoline is much better. You get about 10% better gas mileage, better engine performance, and it's healthier for you engine!

• i dont use the E10 thats availble in my country. the reason is: its basically watered down petrol and extended use corrodes steel/rubber fuel lines, people have only found this out in the last 10 or so years that e10/e85 has been out. id rather use straight propane (and propane accessories) as it loves high compression, gets great economy for a tankfull of gas but it works best in a large car/truck propane works cheapest at the TOP of the tank not the bottom as you are running your car on fuel vapours turned into a gas you can only ever fill them to 80% capacity anybody who tells you they can get more is lying.

• Propane?
      You sure y... your car runs on propane? Like LNG?

• Hey it's Frank from King of the Hill!

• not my car. but has been done in other countries including mine for years. plus i know some who has the fastest running car in NZ running on LPG or liquid petrolieum gas (sorry propane or BBQ gas)
      plus is its 99 octane (or like about 100+ in the USA)

CNG got taken off the market in NZ years ago because: when CNG sits for too long the fuel becomes unstable and cars tend to umm explode.

• The only thing you can get in my area is e10 or e85 I only use the e10 because my car isn't set up to run anything with more alcohol in it. also you actually go there more e85 than you do e10 so you actually get worse fuel mileage

• It takes 1.3 gallons of regular fuel to make a gallon of ethanol. It puts it in the negative net. It's bad for engines too, even ones that are made for it. Regular fuel for me.

• Im Croatian, my car runs on Slivovitz

• we are a diesel country sadly enough.

• i drive on insta. left. right. double click.

• Pure petrol in our cars.