Rate this Mythological Creature: The Werewolf (for real this time)?

a mythical creature. Werewolves are humans that take on a wolf-like form and/or behavior, usually during a full moon. Werewolves can take on their wolf forms either on purpose or due to a curse placed upon them and/or due to a bite or scratch from another werewolf. These creatures also are known to have abilities that exceed those of humans and regular wolves. The werewolf is mostly held as a creature from European lore, however, because of the growing terror of such creature, its legend was spread throughout the world many years ago. A great example of this is the use of the werewolf as both a divine and demonic figure by Native American tribes. Werewolves are not to be confused with Lycans, which are a more human version of a werewolf. A Lycan is half-wolf, half-man, and, unlike werewolves, they can control their changing time and are aware of their actions when in wolf form. A werewolf is a cursed creature who cannot choose when to change and instead becomes a werewolf on a full moon and becomes a savage creature that kills everything in its path. In most legends and works of fiction (mainly from the 19th century), werewolves are depicted as being vulnerable to silver.

• 5/5 my favorite mythological creature
  • 4/5 i like it a lot
  • 3/5 meh they are ok
  • 2/5 i dont really like it
  • 1/5 i hate it
  • 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!

Most Helpful Girl

• Werewolves are pretty cool and interesting, but it's not like an "omg COOL WOW!" Of a mythological creature lol 3/5

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually the original werewolf was a good thing. People possesed by the spirit of the wolf in order to protect their clans. This is actually where the myths of the berserkerganger are from, the belief that their battle fury (and invulnerability and strength) came from being possesed by the spirit of a wolf (or bear). It wasn't until those regions became more agrarian did the werewolf take on a negative connotation as wolves would prey on their livestock (thanks to the wolfs kill instinct it would attack anything that ran so when it got into an enclosed space it couldn't help but compulsively kill all the animals as they vainly tried to escape giving it the reputation of visciousness and brutality). In some lore to turn into a werewolf you would use a magic belt with the skin of a wolf on one side facing out to change into the wolf and the reverse side being lined with the skin of a human so you could change back. In others it was a magic potion that had nightshade among other things, or it was a curse where you where you where forced to take on the form of a wolf until you completed 100 good deed or forever be cursed to remain the beast you had emulated as a human. Actually the first account of silver being used, at least written account, was in the late 1700s in france (Though it suggested it was a fairly common knowledge since no one seemed to question the silver bullet) It was a lugaroo in france, said to be so huge and horrible they used a fake wolf to show to the people because the real one even in death was to terrifying to behold. Though in one account the lupus dei where a group of people who would several times a year turn into wolves and enter hell to fight off evil save the souls of the unfairly damned and return stolen grains (stolen by witches) to towns. So yeah I guess their alright :D 5/5

What Girls Said 11

• Super badass. Crazy strong. Loved the Underworld werewolves even if they went out like babies.(hated the direction the movies went)

• let me clarify, I like lycans and werewolves. They're both cool and strong and omfg awesome.

• one of my faves.

• Lol I want to make a dirty joke about werewolves, but I'll act normal this time😛 I love Lycan's! Top fav, up there with Vamp's!

• Scary as fuck 😱

• Werewolves are so cool, I love Teen Wolf :)

• I'm not crazy with playing one in skyrim.

• DID YOU SAY WEREWOLVES? me likey likey werewolves.

• I'm a werewolf. ;P

• 4/5 I like it :)

• love this one

• They're pretty awesome... I need some in my life that won't attack me.

What Guys Said 7

• One of my favorites.

• They're pretty good but not the absolute best.
    A good pet for Dracula

• 3/5 meh they are ok

• I love werewolves 5/5

• the history of furries goes deep.

• Damn this is my favorite since forever

• definitely up there among the best