Do you have to keep your textbooks after college?

Maybe it will remind you how to do a specific skill required for your future job?

I am double majoring on accounting and finance if that helps...

Most Helpful Guy

• I've sold a lot of mine and really regret it. I know they are extremely expensive and it's tempting to sell them to recover some of that money, but if at all possible I think it's better to keep them.

This is supposed to be your career, and you will almost certainly use some of those old texts again. That's probably not true in every field, but it's true in a lot of them. I even regret selling some of my books from elective classes. There are also a few good books that I loaned to someone and never got them back.

• I ve been thinking the same thing but they are too heavy to carry back...

• They might be heavy to carry back, but you only have to do it once, and then keep the books for years. It really depends. Like how good is the book? Will it become outdated quickly? How likely are you to reference it in the future (which will be hard to predict)? What other sources are there, and how good are they?

There are a lot of books that I don't miss. There are others I wish I kept. Accounting and finance might be different. But in engineering a lot of engineers not only kept their books, they are sitting on a shelf in their office and used for reference. I never kept any texts at work myself, but I've brought them in before to reference for specific projects.

• I actually bought some of the psychological and physiology textbooks and read and stoned them in home more enthusiasumly (not sure if the spling is right.) than those that I were supposed to learn lol..

What Girls Said 11

• I literally gave away all of my old real estate textbooks. Lol. I didn't even ask for money I just gave them up because I didn't need them anymore.

• You don't really have to, no. I plan on keeping some of my books after I finish university, but there are some that I've already sold from previous years because I know I don't really wanna use them again.

• i keep some that i know ill use in the future. the rest i either sell or just chuck out.

• NO!. I refuse to keep my books. It's a constant reminder of the $483952387562487.65 I spent on them and never used them.

• I kept some, but I've never looked at them since my classes ended.

• Why even bother wasting hundred of dollars buying them? It'll most likely be available online so just tor**** the shit out of it

• They'll be out of date in a couple years anyways. Sell em.

• No I sell them

• No you don't really have to keep them... i sold my books online

• I rented most of my textbooks except for the ones that have to do with my major. Those I'm keeping.

• Only the ones i enjoy and particularly like🙃

What Guys Said 10

• The law is very clear that you HAVE to keep them. Not keeping them will result in a $500,000 fine or 137 years in a prison in Antarctica.

• No you don't have to, most people sell them. Unless it's a book that could relate to your job field for example.

• AHAHahhaHAHAhahHA no.
    I sell most of my books after the semester is done.
    I have NEVER , EVER had to look back at my old textbook.
    Maybe it's different depending on major.

• I was lucky and went to a University where you don't need to buy them and you can rent them. Its part of the tuition cost but hardly noticeable. Like $54 extra. @06CuriousMind should of went there like your pops 😏

• I thought that, so I kept some. Haven't touched them lol

• I still have a few of them, but I didn't keep them for a reason. I kinda forgot about them at one point.

• You can rent them or sell them all online if you want to

• The textbooks I return to the library. I keep my lecture notes, though.

• I did.

• You can sell them or donate them