In simulation games, what is most desired?

Meaning, how do you design your character? If you're a male does your character look like you, or what you consider to be ideal? If you're a female the same question applies.

• I design them after myself
  • I design them by what I consider ideal
I get that Fallout isn't a simulation game, I was more focused on the character creation and I had the Sims in my mind so I didn't really no what else to call it. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I make an ideal, and not always of my gender. My Fallout 4 character was an Asian female. My Skyrim character was a hugely muscular, balding, bearded Nord male. My EvE character is a superskinny redhead with an overbite.

By the way, this is a simulation game:
    i.ytimg.com/vi/pmpx6yYnswU/maxresdefault.jpg

Not an action RPG.

• Nice I like that you use different characters, and I was only using Fallout as an example because I really like the character customization options. I've seen people make really good Obamas and Taylor Swifts so it's fairly realistic. I was more so referencing things like the Sims, but I didn't no what else to call it so I went with simulation haha. Thanks for the correction though. :)

• I love them, I spend hours doing it. Only problem is, often what looks good in the creator doesn't look good in the main game.

Best creator I've seen was Saints Row 2. Best looking characters is EvE Online.

• Yeah I have to say it's the same for me as well. It's honestly somewhat disappointing but not enough to ruin the game or anything. I'd have to check those games out. I really need a new computer but unfortunately I don't have the money for one. Once I do I don't think anyone would be seeing me for a long time haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• i design females like myself and males to what would be ideal lol

and by the way im not jealous or anything that you're playing Fallout 4 :\ like not at all... like i dont feel like coming over and putting a nuclear bomb in your laptop or anything... im not jealouse !!! ppffttt !

• funny story... i had a big crush on the character i created in saints row :(

• oh lol
      oh well some day my friened... some day

• wow "friened " really?
      friend * lol

What Guys Said 19

• You forgot the really fun options. I once played a really really dumb orc look-a-like in my fallout 2. My intelligence was so low that the speech came out in single words.

I also played as a scrap merchant in fallout 4 once the survival aspect kicked in. Bought myself a place to live then haul scraps and metal. bits around to sell for food.

• I tried to make my character on Fallout as close as I could to myself. If real Me's going to be fugly, virtual me can be to haha

• I always create my characters based on what I feel looks good. They almost never look like me as I usually create a female character as I feel female characters are usually more pleasing to look at plus a female character has the added bonus of receiving free stuff/items from male players, provided they don't know your a guy playing a female character.

• I would guess many people would use a live example... find yourself a good real criminal pic on the web as inspiration 8)

• I usually make a girl if I can. Just more appealing to look at.
    I don't like how I look so definitely not trying to make myself haha. And most games don't look realistic enough for that anyway. I just make what I think looks cool and fits the game

• Mechwarrior 5... oh! Umm... sometimes I try to make something at-least vaguely like me, and the rest of the time I go crazy and just make something up...

• I've played I think two life sims: Animal Crossing and Tomadochi Life. It's kind of hard to really design your character in Animal Crossing, but my Mii does look sort of like me.

• i design them by what i consider ideal

• real life gameplay and interesting story line.

• i use the premade ones.

• Fallout is not a simulation game

• Yeah I know, I was just using the character customization as an example because it's fairly realistic. I was moreso thinking about the SIMS in my head and I didn't know what to call it so I went with simulation.

• I just make something completely made up tbh

• Neither, I'll design him or her to lookthe most interesting. To match the person I intend to create.

• I don't design my character I just hit play and skip it.

• ideal for the game

• I feel like o always say im going to make them look like me but then i get lazy lol

• I like to create my own story, so neither.

• A mix?

• Neither. I sort of have a concept of them I try to bring out.

What Girls Said 15

• Usually when I play simulation games I get an image in my head for what kind of character I want and kind of a personality to go with it to base my gameplay on. Like if I'm trying to make someone bad then I'll try and make them look a little rugged and rough around the edges or something.

• I like to make myself and then once I've played the game through as me, I make favourite character and stuff :P

• I try to make them look like an ideal version of me lol
    So they have the same hair color eyes color and skin color

• I don't know what this is.

• I mix them, so looks like me with similar hair and colour but a few tweaks to make it look hot.

• Always by what I consider perfection. If I can't be drop-dead-gorgeous in real life, at least I can have that look in some game. Not gonna let that opportunity pass me by lol.

• I don't design my characters... I let my oldest daughter to do it, she is the official character creator of the family, she has been doing it since 2012, when she was only 2.

• haha definitely what i consider ideal.

when i played the sims, all of my families had the same faces and hairstyles with different clothes. lmao.

• I usually end up making like a vampire or something, or as close as possible to the same, because normal humans are boring.

• For me it depends on my mood. Sometimes i think it's fun to design a character after me, but usually i like to make a character that i just think looks nice!

• myself... but better ;P i love customization

• For me, it's a mix of the two. I design them after the way I want myself to be. Not necessarily an ultimate ideal, just the ideal me. Does that make sense?

• I usually make myself a guy... I go with whatever I think looks good

• I want them to look as much like me as possible. Unless it's skyrim, then I play as a kahjiit.

• I design them to look like my wife.