Is my height okay?(please read the details) ?

i'm 16 years old male and my height is exactly 170 CMs (66.93 inches), is it normal? and another thing is: can I grow taller until my 20th even if my growth plates are closed? because I visited the doctor and he told me that my growth plates are closed.. i'm asking cuz we're going to move to Canada and I want to know what is the normal height for Americans or Canadians? Will I be known as short if I come to Canada or America?

Thanks in advice

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably meant your growth plates that belong to your lower body were closed. Mine closed around my 16th as well (at the time, I was 188cm). I'm now 18 and currently sitting at 196cm. That wasn't my legs that grew, it was my upper body, so it is quite possible that you can grow 2-3 inches (unless you are at your predicted height, so maybe 1~).

5'5 (170cm) is below average in america. You can research online where it stands on a Canadian scale.

by the way, height doesn't matter as long as you have a good personality.

• Yeah, he told me to take a photo of my left leg.
      thanks for your opinion, it made me feel better.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that's slightly below average, but only slightly.

• it's below average in some countries but where I live its completely normal

What Guys Said 5

• Nothing wrong with ur height, some guys dont hit their growth spirt til later teens.

• yes, that was the same about my father, he started growing tall when he was 19 years old (he has 177cm height) .

• Buddy, who cares, stop bitchying about your appearance and strive a little.

• Lol.. 5"5 .. That is very very short bro sry.

• 170cm = 5'7" though..

• Yup, check mate, mate ;)

• Not on the tall side, but I know plenty of guys who are this height and don't grow anymore.

• Completely fine, I'm 1,86m and 16 too, but I am dutch. 170 cm is an average length in America