I need yo opinions?

Well, I'm fifteen and pregnant and I don't know what to do. I don't really want to tell my parents, and I told the father but he won't talk to me, so I'm on my own. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to keep the baby, but I'm not sure if I should have the baby and put it up for adoption or get an abortion. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you live in the United States, you should speak with an organization called Birthright. They've been in "business" for about 60 years and their primary mission is to help girls like you. The first thing that they do is they will meet with you and just talk with you for however long you might need. They don't pressure you one way or another. If you choose to continue seeing them, they will help you every step of the way to meet whatever needs you'll have to carry your child to term.

Additionally, I think that they might also go with you to help you tell your family that you're pregnant. I don't remember if they direct you to adoption services at all. Regardless, they'll try to help you in any way that they can.

• thank you so much for the help

Most Helpful Girl

• Give them up for adoption don't abort.
    Some lady out there can't have a baby and wants yours.

It will hurt regardless if you abort or give birth so just keep them

• Also if you are embarrassed just remember it's only 9 months. Those months go by in the blink of an eye. Survive these 9 months and you won't regret a lifetime.

• You can always have a c section.

Ok first thing you have to do regardless of telling your parents is telling your doctor.
      Almost all pregnant women need to get more protein, more of certain vitamins and minerals (such as folic acid and iron), and more calories (for energy). Eating highly nutritious meals is one of the best things you can do for you and your baby's health. If you're not careful your baby can absorb all of your nutrients and leave you weak. My mom almost lost all of her hair because she didn't tell her doctor she was pregnant and she didn't receive the right vitamins and minerals she needed.

• Thank you for mho. I really wish you the best xx

What Guys Said 15

• you're not on your own, go tell your fucking parents.

• Understand this, women who have abortions are never the same. I have spoken to a few who have personally, and even thirty years later, they regret it so deeply, some still feel guilty.

• 15 and pregnant? Jesus fucking Christ...

Tell your parents and get it aborted. Otherwise your terrible life choices will ruin your future.

• Because you have a crystal ball and can see how aborting her child will pave a path of gold and perfect rainbows for her future? You need to relax and realize life is FULL of ups and down and bumps and turns and twist. That means you're alive.

• @orphan neither does killing it... with all due respect sir... that's why you grow a pair and get stuff handled. School, job, life, ya know. Keep moving forward, but it does take more than someone who expects life to be a smooth ride. Takes strength, determination, and so on. But as I said, lay down and die, or live. 👍

• @orphan and most contend that social mobility is a myth, in which case, by your reckoning your life was over before the day you were born. So should we all just throw in the towel?
      You're talking about a person, not a statistic. Her life isn't over if she has a kid. Just like life isn't over because we may not have been born wealthy. We're people not statistics.

• You're so young, your parents need to help you with this decision. I mean do you even have a valid State ID yet? Granted they're gonna' be mad but they shouldn't take it out on you. I hate to say it but when your 15y/o girl gets pregnant it's a failing of the parents.

• I'd say abort... just carrying the baby to full term is expensive and stressful. You will also start to get attached more and this will make giving it up more difficult. Also Foster care/adoption system isn't as nice as people make it out to be.. I have a friend that went through it and it messed her up.

• I think you should talk to your parents, at least your mom, you're not alone. Talk to the people that love you, you know who they are. They might not be happy with you, but they are going to be there for you. Which ever decision you make a) you're not a bad person for it. And b) your life isn't over, it's still all right in front of you. Good luck and God bless.

• Whatever you do, DON'T I repeat DO NOT HAVE AN ABORTION!!!

• You need to hangs your dam lifestyle! 15 and pregnant. Smfh

• Go to doctor and get abortion

• You should get an abortion...

• Find the biggest set of stairs and throw yourself down then

• Please tell your parents. Break it to them gently. You can't deal with this on your own and they will find out eventually. And remember. It's a living human being we're talking about even before it's born. Think long and hard about the decision you make.

• Wow. Your fucking fault. Have the baby and deal with the consequences.
    Tell your parents.

• When did she ever say it wasn't her fault?

• Yes it is her fault. Ignore zero percent angel she is a feminazi who blocks when she loses an argument which is always.

• @bobbyxx funny

• When are you kids ever gonna learn - especially in this economy? Don't have sex until you get a job. You have PLENTY of time to have kids.

• Abstinence doesn't prevent anything. Look what just happened..
      You should have said USE PROTECTION.

• @helloitsmethere I never said you said that. I'm saying what other people have said. It's rather late for advice now except for her to go to her parents. My intention isn't to make her feel more crappy, but what else is there to say? Kids keep having sex, which a lot of the time leads to having kids. If a teen is not planning to have a kid, then don't have sex. It's plain and simple. Yes, I've dealt with peer pressure. But I've also overcome peer pressure. If only kids that have sex would finally listen to adults and not be so ignorant/arrogant.

• Okay, personally for me, I prefer to wait a certain age before I have sex. Naturally teens are rebels and will not listen to their parents on certain issues and some of them REALLY need to...(look at the kids on Maury... smh). Remember, you were a teen once, I think you have been rebellious at least ONCE during those years. I don't think it is out of ignorance and arrogance. I think they (well, we) are trying to figure out ourselves during these years and trying to convince our parents that we can handle ourselves or have some kind of 'responsibility' (NOT with the teen pregnancy of course, ugh you know what I mean) and we sometimes do a REALLY crappy job at doing so, but at least we are learning from our mistakes (well, at least some of us). Also, for the peer pressure thing, yes you will always overcome it but every person is different and some do not overcome it as easily as others. Hopefully she learns from this mistake.

• How many weeks are you?

• 7 weeks, morning sickness started like a week ago...

• i don't think i want to, i still have three years left of high school and i'm only a sophomore and i'm already in college courses, if I have this child it will ruin my chances of becoming linguist. also, my parents would shun me, no joke there.

• Yea u agree. Have you looked into what abortion options you have

What Girls Said 16

• Keep your head up first of all, people LOVE to try to break you down for this. You're going to have to tell your parents, and I know that feels impossible right now (I've been in your shoes before) and expect a wide range of emotions from your parents. They might be angry, they might be sad, they might be disappointed, but the bottom line, those are all normal emotions given the situation, so give then a break and time to let this news sink in. Next, think about your options, BUT think about your options with the mindset of "this isn't the end of the world/my life. This is just an obstacle, and one of many in the game of life". If your parents are the supportive type, let them help you. You are 15. But I would take as much responsibility as I could. Get a job, if they will help with child care, get any help you can with you being a single mother, and work your butt of on your education. You're going to have to grow up real quick. Show them that you take responsibility for what has happened and that you are planning for the future. It will be hard, not impossible. But nothing worth having comes easy. No matter what you decide, abortion, adoption, or keeping the baby, you're a mom now. And that is a beautiful thing no matter the circumstances. This is just the beginning of a new chapter of your life. Being a young mother isn't the end. Good luck!

• thank you so much, it means a lot that you would take the time out of your day to write that long paragraph just to help a stranger. when it comes to telling my parents, i'm pretty sure they would kick me out of the house if they knew. and i'm too scared to have the child anyways because i still have three years left of high school, but thank you so much for the advice.

• I had that fear too, so totally understandable. It is a very scary situation to be in. Well as I said, good luck with whatever decision you make! As someone else said, the States if you're from here offer a lot of help, so keep that in mind. And you're very welcome, my inbox is always open of you need to talk! Taks care = )

• thank you so much

• You sound simply stupid, why didn't you use protection?

Well, if you're planning on keeping the baby, then you need to tell your mother and father about your pregnancy soon so you can start seeing a doctor regularly and getting the proper prenatal care for your developing child.

It's extremely important for expecting mothers to see their doctor once a month in order to ensure that the pregnancy is going fine and that the mother and child are both healthy.

If you're planning on terminating the pregnancy, however, then you don't have to tell your parents if you don't want to.

In the UK for example, if you are under 16, you can still have a free and confidential abortion as long as a doctor believes that you have enough understanding of the decision you are making.

If you're considering abortion, you should know that abortion is safe and extremely common. Millions of women have abortions every single year and never regret their decisions.

I had an abortion a few years ago as well and I've never regretted my decision, not for a single day. Our protection failed and I ended up pregnant, at a time when my ex boyfriend and I didn't want children.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• You really do need to tell your parents. There's no way you can have the baby or an abortion at 15 without their help because of money and insurance issues. So even if you don't want to, you don't really have options here :( I'm sorry. If it's still early I would encourage you to have the abortion because having the baby is going to take you out for a few months from school or work or whatever you do (and also if you have it your parents will definitely notice).

• my parents would most likely kick me out of the house if they knew, and then i'd literally be on my own.

• but like I said, at 15 there's no way you can get a proper abortion or have the child without them knowing..

• First of all, you gotta tell your parents, even if they might slap you and the baby into another time period... just be brave.
    For the adoption and abortion thing, that is for you and your parents to decide. I know this is a hard decision, but either way it is for the better.
    Ignore the shit you are getting from people. Everyone makes mistakes. The important part is that you learn from it.
    Also, I know this is a bit too late to say this but ALWAYS USE PROTECTION especially when you are under 18.

• Technically, according to my knowledge... If you have the baby now, you are risking a lot of health problems to you and your baby. Because at this age, your body is still growing. Taking care a baby is difficult. You can always have babies, but you CANNOT always have this life. Decide your decisions wisely.

• Tell his parents, he'll give you attention then. If you don't want the baby, you can abort it, if you decide to give it up for adoption, you have to tell your parents. You should tell your parents though, you shouldn't feel alone.

• They're going to find out one way or another. You might as well tell them. If you think you can't take care of the child, it's best to put it up for adoption.

• Ignore people judging you right now. How far into the pregnancy are you? Abortion is relatively easy early on but it does cause some trauma to the body. I don't like adoption but that's up to you. I'd be more than willing to help :)

• If you don't have any religious objections is say get an abortion. Pregnancy will be a huge setback to your future and even if the baby is adopted and you can't guarantee the quality of life the child will receive

• tel your mama and your dad. Srsly they'll be pissed but they'll help.

• The first thing you should do is tell your parents. Don't get your advice from us crazies let your parents guide you through this. If they are good parents they will help you all they can.

• Bravoo 👏🏽👏🏽

• Tell other adults who can help you

• I'm really against of abortion since you are in that situation, you have to face it, be strong and responsible. Maybe it's a mistake but you can make it right, just have to tell your parents.

• you should talk to your parents decide for yourself who you're closer to your mum or dad.
    If it really doesn't help then put the baby to adoption if you can't take care of him by yourself.

• It's up to you, but I would say tell your mom right now. She can help you decide what to do.