I broke the inside of my laptop screen?

So I accidentally sat on my laptop and one of my ear buds was in it and it cracked the inside of the screen. It's not actually cracked but it's just showing a bunch of random colors. I was wondering if I could replace it. My mother said you can't and I would just have to buy a new laptop but I wasn't sure and it would take a really long time to get the money.

Most Helpful Guy

• yes u could replace it.

the bare LCD for most laptops is about a $100 bux.. give or take 20 depending how new your laptop is.

• Thank you. I'm having it repaired now. Cost wasn't too bad

What Guys Said 9

• You can but a screen replacement is a difficult repair if you've never worked on computers.

First you have to find a suitable replacement. I usually use eBay or Amazon. Search for the "[model of your laptop] LCD screen". At the very least it'll give you an idea of how much it will cost.

Usually you have to pull off the screen (there may be some hidden screws). There will be a metal frame holding the screen in place. You have to unscrew that (you will need a jewelers screwdriver, laptop screws are TINY) to pop it forward. On the sides of the frame will be screws holding the screen in place. Unscrew them, tilt the screen forward and remove the cable. To install the new screen you basically do all those steps backwards.

You can usually find a tutorial video on youtube. Search "[the model of your laptop] screen replacement". Here's an example.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ARXdgd5rGc

• It is better to buy a whole new laptop if it's not still in warranty anymore. Just back up and transfer any important information you have on the broken laptop to a new laptop via USB flash drives or better yet use a Laptop Hard drive dock or hard drive enclosure.

• Yes, you can replace them. The question is if its worth the amount of money that it costs. That depends on which laptop you ahve and its age.

• what "laptop" do you have? it´s more easy for some than others. but generally, you can always replace them.

• get a computer screen and a hdmi cable you will then be able to use that screen in place of the original laptop screen, it is cheaper than buying a new laptop.

• ytou can replsce the screen, but its still expensive. or you can get a separate monitor and connect it up

• You can replace it but it costs. Same thing happened to me and I never repaired it. One year later I bought a new one.

• You can replace a laptop screen.

• Yep you can that fixed at a repair shop.

What Girls Said 1

• You can replace the screen, but it's usually cheaper to buy a new laptop.

• no it´s not. it´s around 50 bucks for a new screen. unless you were so stupid to buy an apple laptop. they intentionally make it more pricy to "repair" it, don´t sell spare parts and ban 3rd party repair, to trick their customers into buying new shit every time they break something.

• @genericname85 sir there is no need for name calling.

• i´m just trying to raise awareness for what apple does to paying customers. they literally take people for a fool cause people don´t know how cheap repair "in the real world" is to sell their "repair" for usury prices. don´t buy apple shit unless you´re willing to buy a new mashine everytime yours breaks and lose all (not cloud stored) data in the process.

"usually" replacement is the easiest repair and spare parts on the "normal" laptop markets are cheap. plus other companies don´t use "custom parts" with the sole purpose of not being able to buy replacement anywhere and fix stuff yourself and to make live harder for repair shops.