What temperature does your household usually stay at?

It's been humid so I was researching the perfect temperature for cats. I usually keep my house at 72 F. Sometimes if it gets too chilly I will take it up to 75 F. However, when I sleep it's always at 72. During my internet research I heard people leaving their homes at 60-68 which seems absurd to me to live like that. That seems crazy cold to me. Curious what do you guys keep your home temperature set to?

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it around 65. If it's higher I just put my fan on.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• If I leave the house, it's good to keep it between 60-68° in my opinion because the outside heat, especially in the summer, will heat up the house. Sunshine will as well (depending on window location and where the sun shines). I also have a dog, who has very little hair on her and she can get cold, but ~68 seems to suffice.

If I'm cold, I'll only put it to 72° at most. Heat rises, so if I heat the bottom floor, the top floor will also be heated (in my situation).

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh man. I can't live with 68. In the summer and winter I have it from 72-75. I guess my cat is okay with 72 then.

• I live in the northeast, so summers don't get that hot.

If anything, if you get cold, you could use a blanket :)

• 68 I like it at.

1|0
    0|0
  • About 65, anything even close to 70 is way too hot for me.

1|0
    0|0
    • For sleep probably closer to 60, I like my blankets.

• whatever it happens to be xD we don´t have air conditioning, only heating, so it never gets below 18°C but there´s no limit to higher temperatures.

0|0
    0|0
  • dont no but it to hot

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• 20-22 Degrees Celsius

1|0
    0|0
    • Ok that's about 68-71 F. Ok so seems most people keep it cooler than I do. I'd freeze.

• Actually my parents were recommended to keep it even cooler during the night as my brother and I suffer from allergies and my father has asthma. Now I'm used to lower temperatures and when it gets a bit warmer I get flushed and start sweating...

• I put it on 80.

When I wake up in the morning, it's on 68. lol Never-ending battle. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Between 70 & 75

1|0
    0|0
  • Uhh, something in the 75F area.

0|0
    0|0