What temperature does your household usually stay at?

It's been humid so I was researching the perfect temperature for cats. I usually keep my house at 72 F. Sometimes if it gets too chilly I will take it up to 75 F. However, when I sleep it's always at 72. During my internet research I heard people leaving their homes at 60-68 which seems absurd to me to live like that. That seems crazy cold to me. Curious what do you guys keep your home temperature set to?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it around 65. If it's higher I just put my fan on.

What Guys Said 5

• If I leave the house, it's good to keep it between 60-68° in my opinion because the outside heat, especially in the summer, will heat up the house. Sunshine will as well (depending on window location and where the sun shines). I also have a dog, who has very little hair on her and she can get cold, but ~68 seems to suffice.

If I'm cold, I'll only put it to 72° at most. Heat rises, so if I heat the bottom floor, the top floor will also be heated (in my situation).

• Oh man. I can't live with 68. In the summer and winter I have it from 72-75. I guess my cat is okay with 72 then.

• I live in the northeast, so summers don't get that hot.

If anything, if you get cold, you could use a blanket :)

• 68 I like it at.

• About 65, anything even close to 70 is way too hot for me.

• For sleep probably closer to 60, I like my blankets.

• whatever it happens to be xD we don´t have air conditioning, only heating, so it never gets below 18°C but there´s no limit to higher temperatures.

• dont no but it to hot

What Girls Said 4

• 20-22 Degrees Celsius

• Ok that's about 68-71 F. Ok so seems most people keep it cooler than I do. I'd freeze.

• Actually my parents were recommended to keep it even cooler during the night as my brother and I suffer from allergies and my father has asthma. Now I'm used to lower temperatures and when it gets a bit warmer I get flushed and start sweating...

• I put it on 80.

When I wake up in the morning, it's on 68. lol Never-ending battle. :P

• Between 70 & 75

• Uhh, something in the 75F area.