What are your favorite accents?

I'm fond of most European accents.

0|0
19|12

Most Helpful Guy

• German , Swedish , not good enough to tell the Slavic accents apart yet but they're cool , Irish , oh definitely Irish , Australian , something with a nice twirl to it, turns speaking into a song.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Icelandic accent on a hot guy is a dangerous combination.

It is awesome and strangely sexy.

Oh gosh.

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Like most people, I find the French accent pretty adorable. When I hear a girl from the French part of Switzerland (called the "Romandie") speak German, my heart always melts like butter. I also like the accent English native speakers have in German. It sounds quite funny. And I like the Scandinavian accents like Swedish or Norwegian.

1|0
    0|0
  • American, Canadian, English (just a general posh English accent like Jimmy Carr lol), actually thinking about it most European accents are pretty awesome. australian accents are ok but we sound so unclassy haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • British English, French and Japanese

1|0
    0|0
  • I really British and Spanish accents

1|0
    0|0
  • The Swedes the mighty Swedes

0|0
    0|0
  • Japanese, Korean, French, Italian. (Are the ones I like the most xD)

0|0
    0|0
    • Not that it matters but they sound addorable and funny when they butcher up English terribly. But at least for the most part they try to improve.

• I love a southern bell accent and their slang is hilarious.

0|0
    0|0
    • And Russian. Female Russian get my heart every time.

It the reason I love scarlet with and Elizabeth Olsen now lol

• the one's that come out of a pretty girls mouth

0|0
    0|0
  • I DUNNO. ERRR. EURO.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything but my own.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Well if you're a native English speaker, that would be dialect. As in American English vs. Australian or South African English. Of course there are many sub-dialects (sub-varieties) within the American variety of English. There's New York English, there's Appalachian English, there's northern California English and so forth. Plus, the English language has - contrary to other languages - also a lot of sociolects (linguistic varieties based on your cultural background). This is why a Cockney speaker sounds drastically different from Prince Charles, although they both come from London. Or in America, Jewish New Yorkers tend to sound quite distinct from other white New Yorkers.

"American" would only be an accent when you're speaking a foreign language. For example you're talking Spanish to your friend from Mexico and he might say "your American accent makes your Spanish sound really cute/funny/etc."

• tbh I don't know

What Girls Said 18

• Spanish, they speak with rhythm and I love it.
    Australian, Sweden and I think the worst for me to understand is Danish people slang... omg I need to really concentrate what they said escpecially in an important project meeting, and they talk fast lolz

1|0
    0|0
  • If its about english: I like the British dialects, but also the typical australian and new zealand English. I like dialects anyway, in any language.

1|0
    0|0
  • French, Australian and Russian.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like East Anglian accents mostly spoken in Norfolk or the accent spoken in London. I find British accents to be charming.

1|0
    0|0
  • English accents

1|0
    0|0
  • British accent

1|0
    0|0
  • Middle eastern.

1|0
    0|0
  • French
    British
    Spanish

1|0
    0|0
  • Most any. Russian, Australian, English, Irish, British, etc.
    All are awesome and intriguing

1|0
    0|0
  • British, Jamaican, Nigerian, French, Italian, Spanish

1|0
    0|0
  • American, Australian, Canadian.

1|0
    0|0
  • German 🙃

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm Aussie, & I love the Canadian accent!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm probably in the minority here, but Irish is so sexy.

1|0
    0|0
  • British
    Irish
    Scottish
    Italian

1|0
    0|0
  • English 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • English accent makes me melt :)