Am I wrong to feel like no one will ever truly like me?

I'm 17 to make a LONG! Story short (trust me) I just don't think no one likes me. Ever since I can remember I've been bullied about my looks no matter where I go (changed schools a few times) I used to just shut people out but now it hurts whenever I see my friends with they're girlfriends and having fun when I'm stuck all alone. YES I KNOW HIGHSCHOOL RELATIONSHIPS SUCK or at least that's what I hear I just have a long, photograpic, painful memory of being bullied teased and rejected and I'm worried that it will continue into the future. My mom says I'm not ugly when I get upset. I'm not fat I'm actually really skinny and I AM COMFORTABLE with myself I'm just of feeling this way. I have hobbies and things I do but they're not fun anymore because they're very solitary. My mind trails off to these thoughts above whenever I see a teenage couple, I shut down when I see kids on tv asking girls to go to prom. HUH! :-) how can I beat these feelings THANK YOU :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop watching shit with happy endings and teen drama or chick flicks or anything that has to do with prom, dating, kissing relationships, or sex. If they don't make you happy and will only trigger unhappy feelings and thoughts then turn them off and tune them the fuck out.

Instead watch things that are more nihilistic, bleak, tragic, reflect upon how shitty and crappy the world really is that ultimately we all die, regardless of whether we are in a relationship with someone or not, married or not, had kids or not. Post apocalyptic films are a good start, characters with anti-heroes, avoid shit where it's like the hero that gets the girl and live happily ever after conclusions since those are just bullshit fantasies, as I've said, we all ultimately die.

Other than that, watch comedies, anything that could be really fucking hilarious that can distract yourself enough when provide some good laughs that you don't have to focus your attention of being still single or alone, or any of those shitty feelings.

After that, learn to appreciate that you only live once, and because you do. Enjoy whatever there is to life, whether it's food, movies, music, beverage, video games, sports, travel, or whatever else it may be. Because you won't get another chance since reality is always going forward and you can't change the shitty past that you've had.

Instead, you should just have fun or do the best that you could to have as much fun as possible.

Take care of yourself, and don't depend upon or rely on other people to take care of you.

If possible, keep and create or write a journal or blog and document things about yourself, your life and life experiences.

Because, eventually, it's going to be light out forever.

What Girls Said 1

• Calm down. You're 17, too early to worry about relationships to this extent. Chill.

What Guys Said 6

• Dude, at 16, you're still ripe for change. That change can come unexpectedly or through constant effort. But it will come if you will it to.

• I'd just stop dwelling on other people's lives I don't see why it matters if some other teenagers are a couple just don't let it phase you. And try focusing more on positives and working on them so you can actually try and get someone over moping about why you can't.

• Life is a lot different after high school. You just have to put yourself out there. I knew plenty of people like that and once they left the small little world they grew up in they blossomed.

• Yes you are wrong. You are young. The best is yet to come for you.

• You're too young to project that far. But maybe you're right! 50/50

• Honestly, don't judge yourself by women liking you. Women don't deserve us anymore. Trust me when i say girls will only use you in the end.

Focus on your life and do the things you like. Go study and pursue your career. A women will never bring happiness. Just the way life is bro.