Do you ever feel powerless in comparison to the other gender?

I'll leave the question open for girls too (who can answer whether they feel powerless compared to guys) but I came across the following 2 quotes, & I was wondering how many guys it applied to.

"How does a boy learn to bridge the gap between [a woman's] power and his feelings of powerlessness? To make him feel less like a puppy dog begging for a morsel? He learns Male Message 2: “I must do something — perform — to earn my way to equality with [her] first natural resource — her attention. I must defend against the [her] rejection by performing to attract her respect."" - Warren Farrell

& I came across someone who said something else:

"I felt completely powerless against women.. I knew they could make me do anything because I wanted them so bad and I had nothing they wanted... We're talking about emotional power. Women don't realize just how easily they can influence a man's emotion. Just by existing, just by being you, you can turn our world upside down.

Men desperately desire the love and affections of women. We need your touch, we need your reassurances. And yes, we desire sex, too. And even the sex just isn't about sex - even if it seems to be. That's how we express and receive feelings of love and affection.

There's a feeling of dearth that comes with being a man and it's completely alien to women. The number of men and women on this planet are roughly equal but it always felt to me like women are a precious and rare commodity while men are a dime a dozen. You feel like just another sperm trying to get to the egg. Women seem to have an abundance of men for their choosing, you struggle to get one. Women have innate value, you don't. You always have to prove yourself."

by the way, note: Men do make up the majority of people in political power, but remember that most men aren't in those powerful positions, & aren't any more politically powerful than the average woman is.

• I feel VERY POWERFUL in comparison to the other gender
  • I feel POWERFUL in comparison to the other gender
  • 50/50
  • I feel POWERLESS in comparison to the other gender
  • I feel VERY POWERLESS in comparison to the other gender
  • The power feels roughly equal ///// I don't really care, or think about it
Anyone?
Anybody?

Most Helpful Guy

• Poll results are quite interesting, and don't surprise me.

I think they surprise women, because they are focused on the most outgoing and high status men, who tend to have a -lot- of power, and are more common than powerful women. But the average man... is in quite a different position.

• And I imagine that part of the reason men feel powerless compared to women is precisely because women only seem to take the "Top" men into account, and not even notice the lesser men

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think many men feel powerless. I think those are just few key people.

I do because they don't consider us equal still.

• We dont consider women equals? I consider them the Superior gender, Lmao.

• We're all pitiful lol

• Aye haha.

What Guys Said 17

• Power is literally force. Sex crime law is one example in which clearly women have a lot of power against men and men have very little against women. Even being merely reported to the police for a suspected sex crime against a woman can ruin a man's life. By contrast, a woman can actually rape a man and most likely get away with it. In many supposedly civilized countries (the United Kingdom, for example), woman-on-man rape is not even legally recognized as rape.

So, yes, it's not a case of feelings or metaphors, but facts.

• 96% of people accused of rape don't go to prison

• 182% of statistics are pure bullshit.

• Not to mention an accusation is not guilt, it's just an accusation.

• I think it's more socially acceptable for a woman verbally and physically abuse a man to "put him in his place" because "girl power" and a variety of other excuses.

The big thing about that is that when a woman does it to a man, it's his fault because he's too pussy to stand up for himself.

When a man does it to a woman it's his fault for being a pig.

Always us. Society expects us to have what it takes to demand respect from women, but then when a guy does do that, he only gets away with it if he's really hot or of high status.

• Everyone understands power differently. I personally never felt women to have some supreme power over me. Sure, many of them are really attractive and I enjoy their company but it is really easy to see through them when they try to manipulate you. And at that point they lose my respect and any possibility to influence me. A woman can have power over me only through kindness and selfless love. If I see her willingly giving up any desire to control me then I'll gladly do anything for her.

• I don't have anywhere close to the amount of influence girls have on me.

• What's the influence they have in yiu?

• They could make me to anything depending on what they offered in return. And usually they don't have to offer much besides being my friend and smiling.

• Your poll says it all. The quotes you offered up were from weak whiny guys - and sure women will over power them, will never respect them, and don't want to be with them. That's THEIR fault, not yours.
    Women want strong men, it's biology. They crave leadership, strength, ability, talent, brains, and good looks. And why not - the desire is the best genes for their offspring whether intentional or not.

• When it comes to sex women usually have the advantage.

• I feel like I am too trusting and my desire to find someone to be close with I guess can often put me in a position of powerlessness but I think after a while I will figure out if a lady is using me and just leave.

• I feel as though it's pretty equal. But if you listen to how women these days complain, I feel like it's 80/20. Women in the western world need to stop complaining and be thankful for how great they have it

• 80/20 in favor of whom?

• If you listen feminazis, you'd think its 80/20 men. But in reality, it isn't.

• I lack the power of creating a new child inside me. The male phenotype has less biological value.

• A woman has never made me feel powerless or even less powerful than her. But than, I'm a child God, what should I possibly fear?

• I yield to no one. ^ ^

It is by far my worst trait.

• No woman will ever intimidate me.

• women can never have power over me. i have nothing they want.

• Recently learned that women can every bit as good as guys at almost anything. New respect

• In the dating realm... yes.

• and the legal
      and the social
      and the professional
      and the family
      and the [fill in your area here]

• @Gommers Professional?

• I feel totally powerless

• Can you explain more?

• Why?

• Because of our sensitive testicles and body n facial hairs.

• Any women that makes me feel this way isn't worth my time. I've been there and had to walk away.

What Girls Said 7

• What? Outside of the bedroom, we're equals. No power struggle.

That's all there is to it.

• so inside the bedroom there are people who are inferior then?

• @anonman32 - Inside the bedroom, my partner has the power. Great feeling for me.

To each their own.

• i think that it should be 50/50 otherwise its not fun, but to each their own indeed.

• I don't feel powerless. I feel angry that some men out there think they can do whatever they want to a woman simply because she is a woman.

• Men are afraid women will laught at them. Women are afraid men will murder them. So yeah, I would say that I feel powerless.

• Hmm I don't really care or think about it.

• no man will EVER intimidate me. I am too tall to be intimidated. FACT!

• I feel powerful as a person regardless of my gender.

• a lot of the time