Is having pride a good thing?

I've always wondered about this, what do u think?

0|0
5|10

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a good thing when you wanted something, you worked for it and you achieved it.
    Otherwise, it's always bad and stupid.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be. Pride in a good job done, in hard work, is good. Pride because you're skin is a certain color, or you were born a certain way or a sex, is evil and corrupts people. It makes them demand things they have not earned and do not deserve. Pride is generally evil.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Being prideful of everything is not.
    Pride is actually one of the 7 deadly sins.
    But having pride in say your nationality or sexuality etc is not that bad in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Personal pride = a necessary filter/gauge.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much pride can be a bad thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. Too much pride can be a bad thing sometimes though, and can hinder you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, without a doubt. A person has to stand for something and believe in themselves. But at the same time, having too much pride can be a horrible thing. Its true that too much of anything can be a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure. a moderate amount of pride is good. too little or too much is bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Having a massive ego has led to pure success in my life, I have zero incentive to change that and be all insecure lol.

Ofc not to say shouldn't be nice to others, help grandma across the street, help others, etc etc which I do as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • i take pride in a good cause.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not? And does it really even matter whether we have it or not have it?

0|0
    0|0
  • only for women, minorities, and homosexuals. if you are a white straight guy it is the greatest of all sins

0|0
    0|0
  • a lot is good but too much is a pain in the ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeeees for sure i have pride about myself it makes you strong

0|0
    0|0