If someone wanted you just for your looks but then ended up falling in love with you, is her/his love real?

Or since it was based only on her/his attraction to your looks at first, it is not really a true love?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say it's real. If it's my looks that grab their attention then that's great, just as long as they fall in love with my personality just as much. So it doesn't necessarily matter what grabs their attention first, I believe it's still real.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is how it usually goes and it is perfectly valid in my eyes. If you want good looks and a compatible personality in your partner it makes sense to select by looks first...

What Girls Said 5

• If they fall in love with you for more than you looks (in the end) then it's real. yeah.

• I would say so, since I've had the same situation. I've had many boyfriend's who did love me just for my looks. And then after a while, they started to fall in love with me apart from my apperance.

So, yes.

• Yes, I think it would be real. You always find something that attracts you to a person at first because you know them yet. But after getting to know who they are is what really makes you fall in love and looks are an added bonus.

• so, for example, if a girl wants me just because of my looks (assuming she thinks i have a so-so attitude but NOT a great attitude) and tells me she is in love with me, her love for me is real?

• this was a hypothetical question. lets assume she got to know me and i was not as good of a person as she thought but due to my looks she still felt she loved me.

• I really don't think looks matter. Hypothetically, how not so good of a person are you? I mean, she could still love based on who you are. So you have some flaws. Doesn't everybody? At this point, looks have nothing to do with it.

• I believe it would be real. Afterall we are all first attracted to a person then we develop feelings.

• I once chatted with this girl for 10 months without knowing how she looked. She knew how i looked since she had seen my pic but she would never send me hers. I developed strong feelings for her and when we finally met in person, she was not a good looking girl by any means.

• Nice! I love that about girls who take care of themselves, That is my #1 turn on!

• Same here!!!

• Yes, I think so.

What Guys Said 3

• As real as any 'love' between the sexes.

Romantic 'love' doesn't exist. It's not possible. A bullshit concept, made up by poets and playwrights of the Renaissance to sell books of poems and tickets to plays. It was later taken over by Hollywood, the recording industry, Disney, and Hallmark, to sell tickets to movies and concerts, records/CD's/DVD's, and cards.

Men love women. Women love themselves and children. Children love hamsters. Hamsters love sunflower seeds.

• I don't see anything wrong with this.

• Sure thing mate