What do you find ideal in a science fantasy setting?

I'm talking about a setting that has both fantasy and science fiction elements.

Most Helpful Guy

• Something all made up in my head? I'm not sure what you meant by science fantasy? Mixture of science fiction with fantasy themes?

Well then.

How about a really big apocalyptic and intergalactic war between humans, extraterrestrials, cyborgs, androids/robots, demons, angels, gods, goddesses, and many many other supernatural and/or mythological creatures and beings people had already made up like fairies, the Easter bunny and santa claus, set far into the distant future or into distant parallel worlds?

In which they all had existed the whole time some how and some way for some unknown reason a horrible big war and nightmare began between all of those beings and it just never seems to ever end, at least, not until the very last page of the story.

An all out war to the finish to settle the score once and for all. To the victors spoil. Gonna go grab some popcorn and sit back and watch how it all plays out. There's going to be lots of over-the-top action, I can feel it. And assuming there will eventually be a clear winner or that nobody actually wins and lives to celebrate, otherwise it's going to repeat over and over with sequels after sequels like many other franchises, all just to try and make some more money.

What Girls Said 2

• I love the idea of magic but prefer when it has a logical explanation and logical limits. Like, the power has to be drawn from somewhere and is finite.

• I like the suicide booth from Futurama.

What Guys Said 9

• a utopia where beautiful girls actually want us, or where we guys have evolved so we can read girl's minds so we can find out who loves us, or we can change our look and or gender in a sci fi way, space ships like in star wars and star trek, no pollution, no diseases or sickness, no war, longer life, no having to work or need money, no governments, weathers always warm and gentle, even when it rains, food grows everywhere, waters naturally clean, no need for shelter cause the world provides that naturally. etc that sort of setting
    66.media.tumblr.com/.../...irbb11qd479ro1_1280.jpg

• Ever seen Arcanum? It's an RPG about your standard beards and sorcery fantasy world having an industrial revolution.

What makes it interesting is that magic and technology are NOT compatible - technology uses the laws of nature while magic changes them. This means that steam engines and electrical components don't work well when there's strong magic nearby.

• Well what do you mean? Like setting, plot, character, mood, tempo what?

• The Science of Magic!

• Final Fantasy 6 is the perfect ideal for me. It's steampunk and it's putting someone who looks like a Disney princess against one who looks like the Joker from Batman.

• You should shave your unibrow bro. Not really a science fiction fan so I don't know.

• Dwarves.

• Star Wars is the greatest science fantasy. So just go by that example.

• If I had to make a comparison to something, I would say something like Dwemer society from TES.