Does anyone else get scared of going places alone at night?

I get really nervous if like I'm waiting somewhere for a friend to pick me up or something. Like any time I'm not with someone I know and I'm out at night I get knots in my stomach. Even if there are people around.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Mhmm being alone guy or girl I guess can be dangerous. Doesn't matter if you are in the ghetto or the suburbs. I suppose there are twisted people everywhere and it wouldn't necessarily mean that you are safe just because the crime rate is lower. But, there is a lower chance or likelihood of this happening statistically. I would recommend maybe taking self defense classes, boxing wrestling it may make you more secure. I am not saying this will protect you from every scenario. But, it could give you comfort knowing that you can take down someone or at least put up a good fight of they do try and do something bad

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the place. I get scared of dark empty parking lots, and also, some parts of the city (Rue Barbès, Pigalle, around les bois de Boulgne.. even though there are always lots of people in there). over all, some places are more alive than others, and there are always groups of friends walking around, drunk people smached in odd places lol and also lots of tourists everywhere. Once in while, I just go out at night and enjoy walking in the streets.

What Guys Said 24

• Well... considering that I have been a loner almost all my life, due to me being socially awkward and a myriad of other deep rooted issues, I am used to going everywhere alone - whether it's day or night. I just don't care what happens to me.

• Not if there are people around. If im alone walking through the forest or something im definitely more alert. But i actually love the rush you get from it.

• You adrenaline junky lol!

• @chintita ikr! Last time i went to the beach, i got into the water above my waist 😱 ... obvs ran back in when a biggish wave came rofl.

• Nope that's what 10+ years of martial arts training and my K-Bar is for.
    www.soonerstateknives.com/...-Kabar-USMC-Knife.jpg

Besides I love being out at night, I love the fireflies, owls, raccoons, stars and moon and also how quiet it is regarding human noise but how noisy it is nature wise. It's serene and tranquil.

• Nah, I think the majority of people would be more afraid of seeing me at night than I would be of seeing them..

• I'm more aware, more in an alert mode, especially if I don't know the area.
    I try never to be alone at night in sketchy areas, but even in safe places, you're not 100% safe.

I wouldn't say scared, just more aware and careful.

• Not really. Dark doesn't bother me. However as always, I keep aware of my surroundings which is automatic anyway.

• No but Im on my toes. If that makes sense. I know the surroundings better than I woukd with my friends. I observed things more and stuff like that. I'm not afraid but the fight kicks in instead of flight ya know? Lol

• I was at first. But given how I'm always alone I got over it. I just don't like going places anyways.

• only in unknown areas or places i know that are bad areas i feel really comfortable walking in places i know i use to walk through a cemetery at night to get home when i was younger.. so basically going to say no for the most part

• Eh not really. I do it all the time but I live in a safe neighborhood. You are less vulnerable than other girls just so you know.

• Because I'm tall? I think every woman is vulnerable to sexual violence period (and I'm 125 lbs so not exactly large lol). But it's not just about rape it just gives me anxiety in a general sense.

• Yes, I was referring to muggers. They pick on people who look weaker.

Yes any woman can be vulnerable to rape, carry a taser gun with you.

• Do you live or frequent shady' areas?

• no... not really

• No one will fuk with me bahaha

• Nah I LOVE it to be alone in the dark on the streets so relaxing

• Naa, been hanging out late since middle school and had to get home alone. It doesn't bother me

• I do and I'm a bearded skin head that wears a leather jacket

• I'm more aware, but I'm also trained to handle myself.

• no, 6+ years of Tae Kwon Do made me pretty confident

• No, that never scared me off.

• Nope. No one can mess with undertaker

• i think it's scarier for women to do, just sayin'

no, i dont really get scared of it. now, if it was like, a dark forest, then yeah maybe, but otherwise, no

• No cuz I'm not a pussy.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• i guess its a normal reaction... any places can be dangerous

• unless i'm in a dark alley, not really. as long as there's many other people around me, i'll feel ok. night is my favorite time :) i'm always pissed at the sun for not being hot enough but the nighttime is always the same

• Yes, sometimes, I do feel that way. It depends on where I'm at and how well I know the place.

• Yeah sometimes I get nervous.
    I'm super paranoid at night when I'm alone.

• No, not at all.

• No I have my fighting techniques lol

• When I'm in public places yeah.

• I'm scared

• Oh yeah, I get really paranoid.

• It happens if there aren't any people and who knows when some drunk bullshit guys appear to rape u.

• trust me it's dangerous for men to be a victim of a brutal robbery

• yep i believe its true for most women

• Nope