I have this question that has been on my mind for awhile now?

muslim peeps, I just don t understand why you want freedom of expression of your religion in the west yet christians can't do the same in saudie arabia?
now that s not fair.
so what are your arguments about that.
don t you think that saudie should grant the same rights?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it varies from country to country. Isn't it the same similar with certain Christian countries? If I remember correctly, Italy prohibited last year the construction of any new mosques. In many eastern European countries it's probably not much better. I remember some countries have said they only take non-Muslim refugees.

It has to do with tolerance, protection, culture and more... and while many Islamic countries might have a bigger problem with it than some western countries have, it's not like we are super open here.

But Saudi Arabia is probably an extreme case... but they don't allow much in general lol, even when it comes to their own population

Most Helpful Girl

• Saudi Arabia, for some people is considered like the Vatican of Muslims I guess, because it holds the 2 holy cities of Islam
    But regardless, other Muslim countries have freedom of religion. Like Morocco, Turkey, Tunisia, Malaysia , Senegal...
    When you think about it Saudi Arabia doesn't have a lot freedom even for it's own Muslim population :x

• yea we do think of it as the vatican of muslims haha.
      and I think it s sad for a place to have such cultural and history importance to be so restricted.
      so for me as a christian I can t visit the mecca right?
      those morocco, tunisia and all consider themselves "laic" like france or "muslim" countries?

What Guys Said 23

• most of my Mulsim friends do not agree with the strict religious government rules in the middle east so i don't think this is really a fair question to pose. it's sort of like a European casting some sort of blame for lax gun rights in America on an American

• While I'm not Muslim I think the only way that Saudi Arabia would grant those rights would be to kill the Saudi family or take them out of power and replace them with a more democratic regemime or family etc. Because under their dictatorship while they are a rich nation they are highly censored and goverment sanctioned killings for the crimes of expression in regards to certain topics are not uncommon.

Just a few months a ago a 16 year old boy was crucified for speaking out against them. Sad but true.

Also even if you did replace the dictatorship with democracy in order to get those rights established I don't really think most of them would allow it because in the middle east Christianity is a small minority. So I am not sure they would allow it since most of the people are Muslim I mean I agree it should be a right granted to them because it's a natural born right but I am not so sure they would allow it to be passed.

See back in ancient times before the Muslims waged war on the majority of the middle east, Christianity actually made up most of the middle east religion wise, but Muslims started invading Christian lands which caused the Catholic church to send in the crusaders to protect what Christian lands remained but after years upon years of war Christianity, the church and their armies were pushed out and the middle east converted to Islam.

• I have never thought about this or even if it is true or not. I don't know. Anyway, I am leaving GAG Good bye.

• why? :(

• no but I have a religion test in a few hours so I sm postponing my question

• Oh just your reply to me sounded like you were. Anyway you won't understand so I will keep it to myself. Good luck for your test.

• Fair point - Freedom of religion should be universal with a qualifier that it doesn't impinge on other peoples' rights - That said I believe the vast majority of religious people can live anywhere without impinging on anyone elses' rights - There are extremists in all religions so I steer away from stereotyping.

• i think it will never hapen for the simple fact christains even with there bloody past turned away from violence which the muslims worship and live for. and yes its that simple because there entire culture thrives in violence.

from the rights of the father and son beating the mom and sister to the bombings that occur so much and not one muslims does anything to prevent it from happening again. they have no leash on there dogs
    and will never have one.

• aren t we being a bit fanatic now :P

• yes i suppose i am lol but i tried to give my opinion without over doing it lol but i guess with how things are after that Orlando thing thats kind f hard to do.

• The problem however is these brutal regimes don't even allow Freedom of expression for their own Muslim populations. Just recently Saudi Arabia was condemned for beheadings, they were political in nature, even Britain condemned it.

So all of Middle East is like that. We could only ask what you are arguing if there was Freedom of expression to begin with. For example in Saudi Arabia no other sect of Islam other than Wahabism is allowed. Wahabism is the ideology terrorists take their inspiration from.

• saudis are sunnis, whhabism is a branch of it.
      and no not all the middle east is like that not all arab countries are like that.
      arabs dealt with religeous pluralism much before westerns did honestly.

• I would ask what Arab countries you would consider free. After years of dictatorships they still ahve no concept of democracy. While Wahabis being Sunnis, I've seen Sunni Mulsims argue they are in fact not Sunnis. So I don't know. However it is most Conservative, fundamentalist branch of Islam, and definitely inspiration for terrorist ideology.

ME always dealt with religious pluralism that was before ME was carved into different states by France and Britain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbkoiI5IYg

• Cuz Saudi Arbia is kinda like the holy place for Muslims and the religion of Islam. is that a pic of you and your mom in you background pic? 😛

• well, you have to consider the possibility that muslims in the west aren't in saudi arabia specifically because they don't like the rules there..

• This is perhaps the most revealing insight as to their true mindset.

• I think Saudi Arabia is a example. Because I speak to muslim arabs from other countries and they think saudi is fucked up with stupid brainwashed people.

I have plenty of English friends in Dubai who are christians and party and drink even have weed. NP as long as you dont disturb anyone.

Plenty of countries like Jordan, Morrocco, Dubai UAE (previously syria) Kurdish controlled parts of Iraq and Syria (peshmerga and YPG) are full of christians who practice freely. Saudi imposes strict islam to control its people from revolting as the kings who aren't even believeers sell oil and just get rich.

• *Bad example

• what s your opinion in lebanon?

• Don't know it to well, little info but it's better then average from the little I know.

I heard its diverse with Shias and Sunnis so it can't be too bad.

• Sure, as long as the ideas one expresses are not offensive against any group of people, it should be no problem.
    But as you state, in some countries freedom of speech is far away :-(

• No, it's their country, they are free to make their own laws.

That said, Saudi is a country with a medieval mindset and (thanks to oil) modern infrastructure.

• A lot of the Muslims on the internet come from Tunisia or Turkey, secular (mostly) countries which get unfairly thrown in the bag with the rest of the Arab degenerates.
    So it isn't really fair to ask them that question.
    But for the rest, yeah curious where they get the right to ask the western world for that.

• reason why I specified saudie and I didn t say muslims in general ;)
      I know a lot of saudie people who travel abroad to england, lebanon and so on
      and they want freedom to wear the hijab and so on.

• Coz Saudi Arabia is a kingdom-Ruled by a king unlike others.
    The west does not recognize itself as a christian country except for some pockets here and there.
    And you should perhaps be asking this question to the folks who are incharge out there instead of the common dude

• if the ruler is being unfair, shouldn t he betaken down by the people?
      lol.
      I should ask the people in charge... the irony is that the people in charge should be elected by the citizens.

• No, English is preferable.
      And to that other simpleton going ballistic down below.
      Pack up your bags and move to those so called countries to spread your message of whatever you like.
      I'm the meanwhile you can stop littering under my thread.

• Firstly, I would not respond to the other college going kids when they invoke their concepts of democracy and all other crap. I would rather be answering your query.

So, Here is my defense or arguments whichever way you would like to see..
      Religions, Ethnicity and nationalism have always been part of the human society and i say this from from an evolution point of view rather than from any religious perspective.

First line information for you is Christianity originated in modern day Syria but you will find large followers of its faith from south America to the corners of new Zealand rather than middle east. Does that mean people should practice their fairy tales only where it originated? Very unlikely.

Modern day turkey was a Bastian of orthodox Christianity and modern day Europe was a pagan state. Also, There was no christian living in US of A 600 years back.
      Did the above folks willingly invite the christian/Jewish/Islamic ideology into Europe/turkey/America respectively?

• A point goes to the pretty lady!

• Saudi Arabia doesn't have a lot freedom even for it's own Muslim population

• true. but do you have churches in pakistan? :P
      can girls wear revealing clothes there?

• Pakistan is not at all a good country to live in especially for men and I bet even @Decentguy will agree

• "Islam" and "Christianity" are religions, not cultures, so your comparison makes no sense.

• a religion has a culture, history and ideology.
      like when you say you are french you are also implying that you follow their ideology, hostory and so on.
      religion is the same but on a universel lebel.

• It probably is true. That would make me wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

• lol ok xD

• Pakistan , Saudia Arabia , ─░ran and many islamic country even kill people who leave islam. ( This is law which islamic governments use )

• Totally off topic: you look kinda cute opie

• tell me again
    why can't i go to phatican?

• Lol
      It s called vatican and you can

• ok i tell you why can't you go to mekka
      there is 1.6 billion of Muslims ,, a lot of them wish they can stay in it, but if that happened other Muslims won't be able to visit it at least once,, so Saudi Arabia regulate Muslims visits to mekka
      and anyone can visit or stay in any other city in Saudi
      there are a lot of English people living there with there families and many other nationalities, fucking randomly and drinking alcohol and these kind of things

• I want the freedom to go down on you @archiz, east or west, u choose ;)

• my girl

• whole nother world over there in the middle east, treat women like crap

What Girls Said 8

• that's because fanatic muslims dont give a shit about freedom of expression for anyone but themselves. the goal is essentially world domination, which is why some of the world's leading countries have been attacked. I'm surprised they haven't managed anything in china yet.

keyword: fanatic.

• I think people should be free to practice their religion wherever they want. There are millions of Muslims around the world. I wouldn't take the actions of a few powerful people in one country to be indicative of what all those people think or want.

• I never assumed that.
      reason why I said in saudie and not all muslim countries

• I do think they should grant the same rights but they won't do it. They will keep killing Christians and mocking them.

• Yes i agree with u saudie should grant the same rights

• You make such a strong argument that makes one sit up and think about this, valid point.

• Saudi is a country, it's not the Islamic nation of the world. And for what it's worth, nobody has freedom in Saudi, not even Muslims.

• I am from Egypt and Muslim, and i can say that in my country we have many beautiful churches, some of them are very old, and we have many many christian who practice freely, feast freely, and wear crosses everywhere freely, but Saudia Arabia is a different story, it is even strict on its muslims, so no, not ALL muslim countries as u said :))

• I know. I am lebanese.
      reason why I specified saudie and I didn t say all countries.
      because a lot of saudies travel and live abroad and ask for those rights but it always baffled me why they never granted them.

• Awesome question. Some of us know the answer ;)