Do you think you are smarter than average?

• Yes
  • No
  • I am within the second standard deviation of the statistical mean, if my IQ were measured.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are at least several different IQ tests, and I think they use different standard deviations; so, I'm either in the second or third standard deviation. Depending on what you mean by "smart", then either yes or no. If it's purely IQ, then yeah; I'm smarter than most people. But there are a lot of different types of intelligences, and the IQ test only measures several of them--and even then, it only measures academic potential, ultimately. It depends on what definition of "smart" you're using, as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• In most areas of life, yes. I might have a lot of academic achievements, but street smarts I lack sometimes. I still have a lot to learn.

What Guys Said 22

• "When an ordinary man attains knowledge, he is a sage; when a sage attains understanding, he is an ordinary man."

• not book wise, but I can nigga rigg some shit together to get the job done if and when needed lol

• I had my IQ tested, I am above average but not a genius.

Lots of people think they know everything and refuse to diminish themselves to "average" which is why Yes is the most popular answer, even though it statistically can't be. Figured that would happen though.

• My academic performance would suggest that

• Than the average for my age? Probably not. At least not book smart. I am climbing the ladder though.

• Lol at C... I voted A, I know I am, have the physics degrees to back it up, but it tends to create (or make you aware of) more problems than it solves.

• In certain fields I am smarter than average, however in certain other fields I am not and this is probably true if everyone you'll meet.

• Yes.

• Shit, I don't even care anymore.

• Yes.

• Nah but I am way bigger and stronger which is only things matter ha

• i can't be any smarter, im a dyslexic, a curse which is going to be with me my whole life

• People with dyslexia may be very smart and successful in life.

And smart people don't necessarily become the most successful people in life.

It's attitude and diligence that win in the end.

• may be, i wish i was one of those smart dyslexic people who are successful too,
      but your right, its the attitude and diligence win in the end

• C means above average; or same as A.

• Why do you think that?

• infinity and beyond. -Buzz lightyear

• No. I was just referring to the statistical mean (average). Of course, there will be fluctuations around the mean. But is the value statistically significant? How can you prove that that something is statistically significant? By convention, the social sciences use the 95% confidence intervals (2 standard deviations around the mean) to measure whether the discovery is statistically significant. There is some arbitrariness in statistics, because a person may use a 95% CI and 99% CI and make it easier to reject the null, proving the hypothesis that a person is significantly different from the mean.

• As the narcissistic I am of course I think I'm smarter than the people around me. Is it true? Probably not.

• Probably not at the moment but I'm still getting smarter and going to uni in like a year.

• Are you going to university in this autumn term or next autumn term? Or are you going to be a high school senior this autumn term? University, unlike K-12, is not mandatory education. Many high school students who already know what they want to do are highly motivated in university. Unmotivated students who attend university because their parents are wealthy enough to afford the tuition and expect them to attend may not do so well.

• What is the joke?

• I would consider myself smart, smarter than average not sure of that.

• To more than half of the people who say yes:
    No.
    You're not.

• i fink so

• Depends is 2+2=5 average? if so they fuck yeah im above average B)

• Yeah, way smarter. Feel like I'm surrounded by idiots. I'm probably the smartest person on this site actually

• I dont like to big myself up but. I just got accepted onto the 48th best university in the world for masters of mechanical engineering.

Am I average?

What Girls Said 12

• Not academically, but I swear I'm a genius in comparison to the lack of folks I see unable to use common sense.

• Hell no lol I'm not a drooling idiot, but I am not average either. A bit below average I should say. I'm content with mediocrity though

• If I were to compare myself with the entire population, which would include kids and very old people, people with no access to education, etc, I think I have a good shot at being above average. If I were to compare only within my demographic, I am probably very average

• Maybe just slightly.

• I am, but I only know because I had to take an IQ test when I was in the process of being diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder. No where near genius level though.

• I have a 126 IQ score, after having mine professionally tested. So, intellectually, I am literally smarter than most people. Academically, I did well in school, but I'm not in college so that kinda sucks :(

• No. I'm continually amazed by all that I do not know. And embarassed.

• No I a only average.

• I believe I am

• With books? yes.
    Street smarts? Not so much lol

• hell yeah I am genius

• When I look at my class during the 1-2 minute break between classes I can say Yes to this xD