Were you raised to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO, or were you taught to see difference and as such, foster inequality?

Most Helpful Girl

• I treat every nice person the same and every asshole the same.
    so as long as someone is nice and respecful towards me, I am the same way back.
    Many times i catch myself being extra nice to simple workers, because many times their work and the conditions suck, so maybe at least I can help with a smile at least...

What Girls Said 13

• I was always taught to treat others how you would want to be treated. So I treat people with the same kindness and respect I would want in return.

• I've had a taste of both. During my early childhood we were dirt poor and lived in cockroach infested HUD houses. By age 18 my dad had 'executive' in his title and we were living in a $750,000 McMansion.

I can honestly say, it's not all the same. I've dated the blue collar labor worker and I dated the CEO. I like the CEO better.

The wealthy are kinder, happier, generally more intelligent and just better to be around. I'll take them over the janitor any day, even though that's where I started.

• i disagree over 'intelligence'- for this is an ambiguous term

• It's not nearly as relative or ambiguous as it's made out to be. I'm talking about someone with depth, someone thoughtful. Someone who can carry a conversation, adroitly.

You find these people in all classes.. absolutely. But it gets a lot easier the higher up the social ladder you go.

• i disagree, i have had just as many indepth and insightfully plausible discussion with both beggars in the street as well as kings in palaces

• I treat everyone with basic respect and yes, I was raised to do so.

• janitor does more physical work

• Everyone with the same respect

• I treat everyone equally.

• Raised to treat the janitor with the same respect as the CEO.

• I was taught to treat everyone with the same amount of respect.

• treating people a certain way based on what they do or how much money they make never came up at all

• janitors and CEOs should be treated the same way as any human being, with respect. just because one gets a higher paycheck doesn't mean he deserves to be treated like God while the other like dirt. be a human.

• I will treat everyone equal & with respect until they give me a reason not to.

• I was taught you greet the Janitor the same way you would the CEO. However my coworkers have a different view.

• Treat everyone equally.

What Guys Said 14

• I treat everyone with respect. I had a great chat with the guy who came every week to water the planets in my last workplace.

• Treat everyone with the same respect.

• I was raised to respect everyone. And it's just inherent in my personality - you get the benefit of the doubt. I'm courteous and polite; the kind of guy who will hold the door open for you on your way into a store, or help someone with their groceries.
    Of course, if I find you're cheating on your wife and three year old boy - you're a fucking dirt bag and don't deserve my respect. And lucky not to get a beating.

• When I was growing up the janitor was my only friend. I miss him.

• The first one. I respect the janitor as much as the CEO.

• I respect most people the same regardless of their occupation

• the first.

• Wasn't taught either but I would treat the CEO with more respect because he's way above you in the pecking order and you have to act different because you want them to like you and help you cos they can but I don't give a shit what the janitor thinks because he can't do shit.

• LMAOOO 😂😂😂that's what you think.

• and with that kind people like you have lost humanity. you're still 17... wait till you learn life. your view will change. hopefully.

• i was rasied to treat everyone with respect but iv grown to treat everyone with respect till they say some stupid shit to me then i dont respect them anymore

• I don't know whether I was raised to respect everyone equally but I do. I don't judge beforehand

• no. lots of either are losers I assume.

• Yeah

• Foster inequality ftw

• Yep, learned that from how my parents were treated at work. It's hard to explain but it shows leadership to me. I find younger kids straight out of school lack this skill. Not necessarily janitors but other lower position employees. They lack educational humility.