Is there anything I can do to give myself motivation to workout and eat healthy?

I honestly don't care if I am fat or not. there's nothing that can motivate me... Not a boy or my peers or even the risk of death. I don't know what else I should do to give myself motivation!

Most Helpful Guy

• Couple of motivations I use. One, my family has a history of cardiovascular diseases and I worry that my children will be unhealthy smuts. Two, I used to get injured a lot and sick and once I started working out even if it was two or three times a week it'd work. Three, eating unhealthy crap makes you sluggish and I don't like that feeling. I like using survival of the fittest mindset and think I need to be fit to outrun bad situations.

Oh biggest motivation back then was anime and cartoons. I wanted to be like goku and other characters and I watched a lot of sport cartoons

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a lazy bum but lost a little over 30 lbs so far. I use the myfitnesspal app to eat 1200 calories, and exercise everyday for 30 minutes (walk while holding weights flailing my arms back and forth, or just do dumb aerobics during commercials while watching tv) These are the things that motivate me to keep going:

-looking at before and after pics online for inspiration
    -seeing outfits that would look so cute if only I were thinner (I want to be able to look pretty in a sweater, a-line skirt, and tights with cats on them)
    -thinking how much prettier I'd feel if I were thin
    -looking in the mirror like wow I'm actually starting to look cute, and the side stomach flab is gone
    -buy something cute in a smaller size so you have a goal to fit in that shirt
    -setting a realistic timeline, like "I want to be this weight by the time classes start"
    -think of it like a fresh start for a new wardrobe and it would be cool to return to classes and look like a new person
    -more confidence
    -have a non-scale way of measuring progress like clothes starting to fit better, tape measuring, and muscles growing (like my arms actually have muscles now and I can beat my sister arm wrestling now Lol)
    -people, particularly guys which is kinda sad, seem to treat me nicer and notice me more. it's weird, but maybe it's because I look more confident too, I don't know
    -a guy turned me down so the next time he sees me I'll be hot and like "u missed ur chance, go die in a ditch"

What Guys Said 17

• I don't understand how anyone can be OK not taking care if their body.. It's YOUR BODY!! it's who you are and all you have at the end of the day!!!

• I can't help it! Like I love myself even if I am chubby! So, I could careless if I am a fat.

• Lol I recently tried coming to the fit side, and I promptly injured myself and had to stop 😂 I'm definitely gonna resume working out when I'm able, but not with the goal of weight loss; with the goal of getting stronger and faster!

So, in short... someday I'll be fit but I will still probably eat an entire pint of ice cream in one sitting every so often. Hahaha

• @snowangle lol but you can do both trust me

• What should motivate you is the outlook of physically feeling better. It will take a few weeks of changing your diet and habits but it's so rewarding!
    Come on Apple, I challenge you :D Take a piece of paper and write on there when you'll exercise. Leave a day in between each time to avoid being too soar. And than just do it :D
    And when that candy bar looks you into the eyes, look away and grab an APPLE!
    You'll be proud of yourself soon darling, today is the day :D :D

• Are you athletic in anyway? I found the easiest way is to find an exercise you actually enjoy. Probably way the ladies always full up those Zumba classes at the gym.

• Good point!! Asker, I personally recommend the Just Dance games. They sure make me work up a sweat.

• @snowangle another one is hiking. Alot' of my female friends love going on light hikes. It's a light workout and you get to be outdoors.

• Look at my profile pic.

• I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel... 😥
    Grrr! One more of many reasons I simply must have a woman in my life! I need the ability to get out in the world and look! 😣

*sigh* Sorry. You've probably heard me rant about that many times before, huh? I so wish I had an actual life to talk about... 😔

• All I can say is if you take care of it now and continue with that frame of mind, then the fewer pains you will have later on in life.

• how about working. most "fat" people, can't work. or if they do, its very hard on them. youve been complaining about getting a job. think about that

• Are you a hiker or walker? Getting out and going somewhere is a good start especially if you have someone or a group with whom you can go. Drinking water over sugary drinks help as well.

• You could try using rewards? If you want f. example a bag of chips or a soda, you have this rule that you can't have it, unless you go work out first or run some miles.

• I get what you mean I want to lose weight cause I'm obese for my height but sometimes Im to lazy to try.

• If your hips aren't wider than your shoulders, then there's nothing wrong with you.

• Do you like money?

• Thanks! I'll try it. I think sometimes I just want something to comfort me to prevent myself from feeling. ):

• Then swap comforts. Most people also try extreme denial but that's unwise. Let's say you're sad, you can't shake your craving, and you need something chocolatey. Try substituting pure chocolate ice cream for maybe toast and Nutella. The goal isn't to say you can't have things it is to control the things you have. Over time you'll naturally start just making better choices and it will become habit.

It's not a battle. It's a choice. There's a difference in empowerment.

• My motivation is to attract females...

Although I'm obviously not TOO motivated or I would do it more often...

I just started my creatine regiment today...

• Look at iy as a hobby... Tbh I find it fun lol

• You have to want it bad enough otherwise nothing else can motivate you.

• look at fat ugly men

• Just do it. Forget about motivations, they don't exist.

What Girls Said 10

• Do it for a week and see how much better you feel. Just be sure not to deprive yourself of the foods you love; just have them less often or in smaller portions.

• You need to seek help if you honestly don't care about your own well being like that. Not caring if you die? That's not healthy, and leads me to believe you actually may be depressed... even if just slightly.

• You obviously do care on some level other wise why ask the question?

You need to admit why you do secretly care.

• The biggest thing is caring about yourself enough to want to live a healthy life...

• I do care about myself!

• Ok well first off, it helps if you stop looking at being healthy as if it's a lot of work to achieve. It really isn't. It comes down to fostering good habits. The reason people who diet inevitable fail is because dieting is inherently about depriving yourself. Instead of making healthy eating iinto this huge thing there you're never allowed to have a fucking cupcake, try the 85/15 rule... basically, 85% of what you put into your body is wholesome, clean food (veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean meats and fish, etc). Then, the "bad" cravings you have make up the other 15%. That means you can have a small treat most days or a big treat a couple times a week. And honestly, the more eyour body gets used to consuming predominantly healthy foods, the less it craves the junk.

Regarding exercise, the best thing is to find an activity you enjoy doing so you don't see it as work. Is there a sport you like? Join a team! Sign up for rock climbing lessons or a kick boxing class. Whatever floats

• Your boat.

You can also make little changes, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator, walking to the store or to work instead of driving. If you take transit, get off a stop early and walk. Exercise while you're watching TV.

• You have to do it for yourself for it to work. If you start working out knowing you don't care about losing weight, you'll stop going to the gym after two days. I don't know what to tell you tbh... I started toning up for ME because I felt better with myself and more confident. If you want those things, you have to do it.

• Zumba is a great motivator because dancing like a sexy beast really boosts your motivation. XD

• I follow women on insta to keep me motivated:
    https://instagram.com/p/BB8CL7-MnNN/

• rs824.pbsrc.com/.../obesewomen.jpg~c200

If this doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will.

• Yeah i feel you, i don't have the motivation