Did you get your wisdom teeth removed?

Mine are just starting to come in. It started 2 months ago and they haven't bothered me (yet). I was wondering whether most people get them removed or leave them in.

• Yes, I got them removed.
  • No, they're still there.
  • No, I don't have wisdom teeth.

Most Helpful Guy

• only one a couple of years ago where I had a problem with

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I had all four of mine removed at the same time. They weren't bothering me but I used to have braces and my orthodontist recommended getting them removed.

What Guys Said 10

• Probably should get them removed at some point but they aren't really bothering me so I haven't been to the dentist yet. Keeping an eye on them tho.

• I had some of them removed. My mouth was large enough to accommodate some of them, so there was no reason to have them removed.

• My dentist said I didn't 100% have to remove them so I was like FUCK THIIIS I'M OUUUT :P

• Yes I got them removed , does it make me unwise now that I don't have them?😁😁

• All four of mine grew in perfectly. I have to admit I was a bit worried since I kept hearing people getting infections and having them grown improperly etc

• Half is gone, half is still there.

• mine are coming through now as well, this process has been going for at least a year now.

• Yes I got them removed five months ago

• nope. they don't really do anything though

• yeh, mine were infected and needed to come out. i got to eat all the ice cream i wanted afterward though. something u can look forward to, when they come out

What Girls Said 14

• Yeah I did after I got my braces off, sometimes you don't need them removed it isn't necessary unless its hurting or growing in weird.

• I think it depends on if you have enough room in your mouth or if they'll cause problems if they were to grow in. I got mine taken out last year.

• mine only came in halfway when i was 25; they never bothered me, but i had them removed a few years later anyway.

• As a Sophomore in DNT. Your wisdom teeth erupt between ages 17 and 25. During that time, it might hurt and your cheeks might swell. However, if it doesn't hurt- then there is no need to remove it.

In the later years, the wisdom tooth tends to have problems, we as dentists do not perform any treatment due to its variations in size, shape or even number of roots (yes, the wisdom tooth is very diverse). We usually extract it as a result. Don't remove it unless a doctor suggests it.

• I had mine removed. Got put under for it. Don't remember it at all.

• why remove them if they dont cause you any problem?

• Yes. I was 15 years old lol

• They are still there.

• Yea I got all four of mine taken out, it was pretty painful not gonna lie

• All four were impacted so they had to come out.

• My wisdom teeth still haven't come in yet.

• No, I don't need to thankfully

• no but I will have to do it , my father will remove them

• Got mine removed last year.