Can I change my car to another due to recall?

I drive a Nissan Sentra 2015 and I recieved a letter stating that it was recall due to an air bag in passenger side. Honestly I'm a little nervous. It's a new car

Most Helpful Guy

• Get it fixed or trade it in for another car to buy.

• That's what I'm thinking because it a brand new car they should at least let me trade in. I guess ill have to complain

• Till definitely lose money on a tease due to instant depreciation. If you dont like the car and want to trade you could definitely make it a sticking point to try and get a good deal. If you get it fixed, tell them you can only bring it by at the end of the workday and argue for a free rental. Talk with the service manager if you need to do so.

What Guys Said 2

• No reason to worry. Just take it in and get it fixed. ALL cars have recalls. That's just normal. The reason for the recall is usually something that only happens to a very small number of cars under special circumstances.

I looked up the recall on your car.

" In these vehicles, the front seat passenger Occupant Classification System (OCS) may incorrectly classify an adult passenger as a child or classify the seat as empty despite it being occupied. As a result, the passenger frontal air bag may be turned off and not deploy in the event of a crash."

The very worst scenario is that IF you have a passenger, and IF you get in a crash, then the passenger airbag MIGHT not deploy.

For you as a driver, it can not affect you or your safety in any way. Just get it fixed and continue to enjoy your car. You are just fine.

• I honestly feel like I'm paying A bit much for this car and now this was recalled makes me a little upset. I think it's a good chance for me to tell them to get me a better deal than what they gave me

• How does it increase it?

• Because the car is better. It has a better and more reliable airbag system. You are basically getting a free upgrade. I'm not talking about a monetary increase in value. I'm talking about having a better car for the same price.

• No, you have to. bring it bak to the dealer so they can fix the airbag issue. Recalls are far too common unfortunately.

What Girls Said 0