Why is it a big deal if a guy has no friends?

I always go out by myself... Seems like every girl I talk to wants to know why I'm there by myself and have no friends...

What's the deal with this?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because friends indicate status, and status is important to women. If you're not the center of the room, life of the party, captain of the football team, etc, you basically don't exist unless you've got money, a criminal record, or charisma. Even with any of those things, status is still important. You are an accessory, like a purse or earrings. If you're not going to be able to ensure that she's seen, with you, by a bunch of other women, then she has no use for you.

What Girls Said 3

• I guess some girls, maybe just extroverts, are obsessed with social status and constantly need people to blab to. So being alone is weird to them.
    I'm the most introverted person ever. I like my alone time and shallow small talk is draining. So I don't see it as weird.

• don't worry about these girls. we all don't think like that.

• Because we want to know what kind of social relationships does he have, what are his friends like (since you are what your friends are in a way, that's why they are your friends). I would like my boyfriend to have his buddies and to hang out with them. I can't fulfill his needs for a guys' night out or beer-drinking-night-while-watching-sports. And it means that he can form healthy social relationships.

What Guys Said 1

• She's fishing to see if you have a girlfriend or not, don't take it personal. She is INTERESTED in you and she is investigating if you're a single man or not! :-D

• No, that's not it...

She's wanting to know what's wrong with me that I don't have any friends...

• I always talk to them first...

They are more interested in why I'm such an introverted loner...

• Confirmation bias at its finest.