Sweating it out or going to the doctor? Which type of person are you when it comes a a cold or sinus infection?

I rarely get sick but when I do its a cold or sinus infection and will go away on it own over 2 or 3 weeks. My girlfriend is similar but from the second day sore throat she is going in to see the doctor and getting prescriptions. Her dad isn't retired and he's covering her with his insurance and my dad retired and I don't have coverage so over the past three years of college if I got sick I learned to tough it out and not go to the doctor or emergency for financial reasons. My mom is similar to me as well and never goes to the doctor while dad does often. So just out of curiosity which type of person are you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I rarely ever go to the doctor, and I basically refuse to take meds (for I'm not quite sure why dumb reason) unless it's necessary. I'll even stick out a massive headache over taking pain relievers lol. So definitely if it's just a cold or a stuffy nose or sore throat I'll just let my body handle it.

Most Helpful Guy

• The ability to know whether you should go to see a physician or sweated out is not easily acquired.. Colds and sinus infections are the easy ones as most colds are caused by viruses. The doctor can only prescribe symptomatic relief which you can get over-the-counter. Sinus infections a little bit harder but if you're spitting up green or yellow stuff see a doctor. Now the problem really is if you take that ability and move it into the area of serious problems you really need to see a physician. However too many people think they can sweat out chest pain, pain in the lower back, burning when you urinate discharge from the vagina and a host of other symptoms.. Women go to see a physician far more often than men and I believe that is why so many men show up dead in the emergency room

• True better safe than sorry but in my case I can't what this is cause very time cough I feel like the gunk in my chest trying to break up but it doesn't and when it doesn't its yellow and the mucis in my nose is light yellow and thick. I need to go in to work today cause my boss said he need me and is making me do service bar so I don't deal with customers. My issue is I don't feel right making people drinks when i have a illness and spreading it idc how much I wash up I'm "going to spread it.

• Lungs not king.

• Obviously you need a trip to the doctor and antibiotics but if you want to tough it out it's inhaling steam from a hot shower, tea and coffee rest Tylenol and vitamin C. You are at risk of developing pneumonia so follow everything above but few if you get short of breath must see a physician

What Girls Said 2

• As a general rule, I go to the doctor only if I'm sick enough to miss work.

• What the fuck kind of weakling can't handle a cold with over the counter drugs? Pls 🙄

What Guys Said 5

• We have universal health care in my country, so money is not an issue. But I usually still try to stay home and just sweat it out. The main reason is that I refuse to take meds if it's not absolutely necessary. I am very sceptic towards these big pharmaceutical companies and all the chemical crap they stuff into their products (and hence into our bodies). I'm not generally against meds but I'm against taking some kind of pill for every trifle. For example some people like an aspirin for every bullshit. I think that's stupid. I only take an aspirin if my headache is really unbearable (which happens very, very rarely). My grandpa died because he used to take antibiotics for every cough and every cold (which was more commonly done in his generation) during his entire life and when he got a pneumonia around the age of 65 and he would have needed the antibiotics, they didn't work anymore because his body at gotten immune against. What a sad way to die.

• I visit the doc. I pay premiums so may as well use the services.

• Yeah I may if if I had coverage and was a professional but as a college student Ideak with the symptoms for a while.

• We do bubwhen I went there for an ear infection, sinus infection, and migraines they couldn't proscribe medicine so they said take it decongestensts your kinda sick lol. I was like I could tell you that and I'm a geology major this was productive.

• Oh. Well. Yes. OTC for $10 or less is enough.

• Cold=sweat out
    Sinus infection= doc

• Sweat it out man

• doc for the rx