It's a FACT that women are generally physically weaker than men. True or False?

• True
  • False

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a physiological fact that women have less muscle mass; a heart, lungs (and brain) that are 10 per cent smaller; have smaller muscle attachment points on wrists and ankles; and have smaller shoulder bones.

What Guys Said 21

• On the average, women are not as strong as men, but that doesn't mean that there are no strong women or no weak men.

• This is generally true

• True, though I certainly would not want to pick a fight with Ronda Rousey or Ayla Ali.

• I have watched Rousey fight. My honest opinion as a long-time student of Shotokan karate: not impressed.

• Yup that is why we can do the most demanding jobs on the planet and only men are qualified to do it. Not because we think we are better but because that's exactly what our body is capable of.

• Well duh

• True

.

• yes it´s a fact. an average women can workout to be stronger than an average untrained guy but equal physique with equal training will lead to the guy being stronger.

• Generally it s true , but i doubt i can win a fight against woman who won gold medal at martial art lol

• depends if you are talking about physical strength. if its about strength then yes, but women live longer than men. they are stronger in this aspect.

• True.

• Yeah sure but does it really matter?

• Lmao how is this even a question?

• Fact, but the "generally" is important here.

• True. It's just a fact of life. But why does it matter?

• It's true, and it's also true that, generally speaking, men are more athletic and better runners.

• In most cases of course lol

• Don't say that. We are completely equal now. I want to punch a girl should she punch me. Please God i want us to be equal

• true

• Yeah, they have smaller muscles, smaller bodies and smaller brains than men, it's just biology

• It is true that generally women are weaker than men. However it is not because of physicual differences but social and hobby differences. A guy often takes part in some kind of sport or hoby and most women don't keep up with their male counterparts. So most eventually lose a lot of their muscle and agility over time. When guys and girls are in highschool freshmen year most are equally fit however in college their differences in strength and agility are on different levels.

• Women have to work harder than men to get the same level of muscle growth. You may know some very fit women but were they strong?

• In highschool year even the guys are not strong. I meant that they are usually equally fit at that age.

• We got this

What Girls Said 13

• Men have more muscle on their bodies, however women can withstand a higher degree of physical pain, so it depends in what way you're measuring physical strength.

• No they can't wtf

• Thanks @WombRaider But you really don't need to engage in an argument with him, he can't see what he's doing and you'll waste your energy :p

• lol. One time I broke every single bone in my body and didn't even go to the hospital. I healed up in about a week.

• Well, guys have more testosteron in their bodies, which makes easier for them to build muscles, so go figure.

• They have large bones As well

• @Iron_Man
      On top of the testosteron part.
      But that should have been obvious since guys are taller and wider than girls most of the time.
      @Vivaldi
      Didn't I say the same thing? 😐

• Of course it is that's why I brought it up for that reason alone not just testosterone

• generally, yes. this is 10th grade science.

• On average females are weaker because they have less muscle mass, but the two curves overlap. So the stronger female part can certainly be stronger than the weaker or average male part.

• Definitely true - generally speaking women are physicalyl weaker...

• Yes, it is true. I literally have been blown over by a strong gust of wind before. I have been accidentally bumped into in a crowd and flung over.

• Correct

• yes Ma'am. But we should't let that get to our heads now.

• Is this seriously a question?

• That's true as facts often are.

• Obviously. A person must be living under a rock if they believe otherwise.

• Yes, generally, so what?

• yup...