Have you ever done something fueled by jealousy?

Have you ever tried to make someone jealous or did something because you were jealous? Please share your story.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never done something out of jealousy but a girl came to my house one day uninvited and attempted to fight me because of her boyfriend who was a good friend of mine at the time talking too much about me. However thankfully for my military training I was able to subdue her and put her on the ground. After all the false and horrible things she said to me on my property I wanted to have her arrested and press charges but the guys who were with her at the time took her away and begged me not to press charges since she was a minor and it would fall on her parents to deal with. I forgave her teenage angst and dropped the charges. (to this day her boyfriend is still cheating on her; she just went after the wrong "other woman")

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not a very jealous guy, so I don't think I've ever done anything out of jealousy... at least nothing big that I would still remember.
    However, I once made somebody very jealous - though it was not intentional.
    When I was in high school, I spent one year living in the US as an exchange student. Apart from many other things that I loved about this experience, one particularly nice aspect was the fact that the American girls at that high school were really into me. Though I was pretty good looking in my teens, I had always been the outsider in my country. From elementary school to high school, nobody ever cared much about me - especially not girls. So being a horny, hormon-filled teenager, it was of course awesome to have this "exoticness-factor" and have a lot of girls being all interested in me. When Prom came along (I was a senior in my American high school), I asked a girl to go to Prom with me because I had heard a lot of rumors from other people that she's got a huge crush on me. Of course she said yes and was super happy about it. However, just a few weeks before Prom, another girl from school came up to me, told me that she's into me and asked me whether I would take her to Prom. Me being greedy and horny, I immediately said yes cuz... what guy wouldn't want to have TWO pretty dates at the same time? Well, I was an idiot and I should have known better. Unsurprisingly, the first girl was very hurt and jealous when she found out. I still ended up taking both of them to Prom but the whole thing was very, very awkward. During dinner, I would sit in the middle and talk a bit to one girl on my left and then a bit to the other girl on my right (there were other couples as well). Later, when we went to the actual partying location, the girls got so jealous of each other and pissed at me that they both left me standing there like a complete fool and found themselves other guys without even telling me. I spent about an hour looking for them and when I finally found one of them dancing with some other dude, I asked her what's going on. She didn't say much but told me rudely that she doesn't want to be my date anymore. A bit later, I found the other girl who basically told me the same thing. Eventually, I ended up sitting on a sofa in some deserted hallway for the entire evening, hoping that this stupid prom would be over soon. It was one of the loneliest and most boring evenings ever. But there are two helpful things I've learned

• from this experience: number one: never make women jealous. Number two: greediness is not worth it. Sooner or later, it'll come back and bite you in your ass. So as a general rule of thumb, it's always better to aim for the bird in your hand instead of the two birds in the bush...

What Girls Said 12

• lol.. when i was younger, my best friend (guy) would hang out with another girl a lot, so to get his attention, id hang out with other guys in front of him and harmlessly flirt with one i knew he didn't like...
    it worked. 😳

i was young, I'm not like this now lol.

• Sure.. sure... Lol. Did y'all end up dating?

• No no no! Sorry I didn't explain that well. I was harmlessly flirting with one guy at that time with the goal of trying to make my other close guy friend jealous, and he got so protective/possessive in response that now I don't have a chance with any of my other guy friends that are in the same circle as me and my sorta-best-guy-friend. Whew! Does this make more sense now lol?

• @Luci92 yes, yes it does lol

• This girl I knew used to hit on any guy I dated, it was pathetic.. The problem was that, everytime that happened, the guy would tell me to ditch her because she's not a good friend. Eventually I started keeping a little distance from her, but we still hung out together sometimes. Untill one day, we were having an exam and when the time was over, and I had given my exam paper back and everything, I heard noise around the front of the room, and another girl called me and said I should see something.. went to see and found out she'de tried to steal my paper and get away with it LOL. I didn't even have to say anything to her because the outrage and ridiculous of the situation was clear on everyones faces and the teacher was obviously thinking about a way to deal with her, crazy!! I just left her with him to try to deal with the emabaressement. My friends took me out and we had fun. I never talked to her after that! the nutjob!

• I used to do some pretty shitty things I'm not proud of when I was younger, I was jealous of my much younger half sister because she was spoilt by my mum and her dad. I used to trick her into thinking stupid things where real and I used to scream at her a lot. Nothing shockingly bad though.
    I also used to try and impress my older cousin who is more like a sister to me then my actual sister. I was jealous of her because she had rich parents that would spoil her all the time. I would do things like pretend to like bands she liked, dress like her, ask for cool toys to show off to her... but she was always one step ahead of me and no matter what I did to try and impress her, she would just say "megh" and then show off that cool new thing she just got and didn't really apreciate. It drove me mad, but now I'm older and I have my own buisiness, a family and my own house... I sudenly feel like I am cooler then her ha ha.

• Made someone jealous - yup, done something fueled by jealousy - nope.

• The guy was acting like a real jackass, so I just said bye and walked off. he saw me speaking to another dude at the party and got jealous - but, frankly, I was just speaking to that dude because I wanted to get to know him, not because I planned to make the first dude jealous. Just turned out that way.
      I'm sure I made some other guy jealous at some point, but since I don't do it on prupose I don't recall the instances where it happened...

• No, I haven't.

• Yes😔

So this started in high school when my boyfriend at the time kissed another girl. I flirted with and eventually slept with his friend to get him back. Which is TOTALLY A BITCH MOVE I KNOW. I should have just broke up with him and been done with it but I was hurt and angry and what's done is done.

• Told a good guy friend (who at that time I had a whopping amount of feelings for) that he couldn't plus 1 his girlfriend to my party and didn't even give him a reason ahaha. I don't think I'd have survived the night if she was there with him!

• Uh No and no dude.

• This guy I kinda liked was dancing with this other girl at a school dance so I was trying to get his attention out of pure jealousy. I hated that feeling and lost my crush towards him pretty quickly.

• No.😊

• Have you ever caught anyone trying to make you jealous?

• Please share lol

• It happened to me loads of times during high school. Guys that didn't have the face to ask me out still they would try to make me jealous with other girls just to see my reaction. I wasn't ever really the jealous type so it didn't affect me that much thus their attempt were a total failure much to my amusement

• When dating my ex I sent a girl we knew a message and asked her to please stop being all over him

• Do you regret it?

• Yeah needless to say she quit speaking to her lol but if she wants my ex now she can have him, he was a jerk lol

• Yeah forget that man lol

• yes, it was about my sister and it took me a long time to figure out why i was wrong.

What Guys Said 9

• When I was young and insecure and fell too much for a girl in a way I wasn't emotionally mature enough to handle, I ended up having an explosive case where I got into a fight with a guy who was hitting on my girl. It lead immediately to break-up and heartbreak.

That said, it wasn't jealousy that came from one incident. It was jealousy that built up over months of my girlfriend being hit on by guys. It even got to the point once where a guy who knew she was taken bought her a very expensive diamond necklace (thousands of dollars) and flowers for a birthday present. Aside from being pissed off at the guy who did that, it made me feel inadequate since I couldn't afford to buy her presents like that.

Every time we were out on the street, guys would whistle at her. Every time we were at a bar, if I left her for 5 minutes by going to the bathroom or something, some guy would be trying to pick her up. I'd tell them to back off gently and could keep my cool for a while.

However, over time it just started wearing me down. The first few dozen men of this sort were okay. After about 100 or so, I cracked -- I snapped. I was at a bar and just completely started acting like a punk when I caught a guy sweet talking my girlfriend. It turned into a pretty bloody fight and then my girlfriend got scared and said she didn't know me anymore -- end of story.

• I never allowed myself to get jealous over anything after that. I learned a pretty hard lesson.

• WHOA! Dude!!!

• Yeah that whole thing where the girl you kinda like is more attractive if she's with other guys so then you go stronger to get her kinda outta jealous.. yeah that totally works on me.

• I've never been one to fuel my actions on jealousy, and I seriously can't recall a time that I was jealous.

• I made poor jealousy by Ferrari, Just want them to know that it is just born like that. Price people give
    If they want be rich they can not ruin it

• I once aced a test just to show Mike I could do better than him because everyone said he was smarter than me.

• As a late teen I used to make exes jelly on purpose, lol.

• Doing?

• Yeah, we're basically forced to be dicks, lol.

• !!! Exactly !!!

• no, im not the jealous type.

• I use fire with fire! Burn back.😇

• yeah both ways