Who do you go to for advice? Who is the best advice giver in your life?

I always go to my uncle. He gives the best and the most realistic advice. He is knowledgable on a vast array of topics. He gave me some great relationship, academic and financial advices.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly myself. I learn from my mistakes and other's as well... and my advice is my past experiences.

What Guys Said 13

• My big brother. Pretty much everything I'm probably going through he's done it. But not only that, where he is in life shows me that despite his adversity, some he's contributed to, he knows what path to take in order to persevere through said obstacle. And he's my best friend so of course I'm coming to him first.

• I usually go down to Walmart and ask one of the Greeters.

• My grandfather. He has a lot of experience in all kinds of stuff. There is always something useful that he can say or do when I need advice.

• My guidon when I was in the Marines. He was 26 when he enlisted.. definitely one of the older brahs in our platoon. We still talk all the time. He is the epitome of a man.. Always knows what's right and what to do. I've come to him at my worst and at my best. Same goes for him. Bromance is strong.

• My father and his parents. Though my father haven't been around for quite some time now.

• My wife is #1 !

• I don't go to anyone for advice, really. I solve my own problems. Admittedly they don't always get solved but I tri I tri

• Best advice giver? Well I kinda advice myself , kinda look to the problems with a third prospective but when I am in doubt I ask my cousin

• My aunt

• Google. Com

• My mom

• Google.

What Girls Said 7

• Honestly, I'll take good advice whenever and wherever I can find it.

Sometimes, it even comes from a 5-year-old.
    When my daughter was five, one of her friends saw my husband holding my hand, and she said something like, "If he keeps holding yr hand, yr rings will never fall off." hahahah
    I mean, ok, she probably wasn't *trying* to be all philosophical -- since she was, like, y'know, five -- but, if you think about it, that's actually a GREAT metaphor for supporting each other in a marriage.

__

If I have to name someone specific, though, then, 2 people come to mind.

First is my father. I've written a thousand million times on this site about how much I look up to him, and how amazing of a job he did (as a single/widowed father of 5)... so, yeah. All that.

Second is the pastor of a little church where I attended services in Houston.
    He was an eccentric guy. He'd grown up in Memphis, where he'd suffered through unimaginable tragedy (lost his wife and only child). When Katrina hit, he came down to Houston to help the refugees, and he just kinda... stayed there.
    In any case, I could always count on him for sage advice, in surprisingly few words.
    Things like, "Baby girl, first you gotta abandon all hope for a better past." (on overcoming emotional baggage)
    And a hundred others like that, that I can't think of "cold" but they'll pop into my head whenever they're relevant.

One thing he does a lot, though -- and it's surprisingly effective -- is to respond to a question with *total silence* and a penetrating stare.
    It's... weird, but, that always had a way of forcing introspection on my part. Upon which I'd often find the answers I wanted, in my own head/heart.
    Weirdly powerful. I do the same thing with my two older kids, and, it actually gets them to *think* about stuff.

• My adopted mom @redeyemindtricks gives the best advice, and my real mom

• Nobody gives advice better than my boyfriend does. If I didn't turn to that man for advice, we would have never even started talking lol

• My father + certain men I date :)

• My dad mostly 💓

• My mom. She'll tell it like it is if I give her the details.

• My best friend. She like my personal Gandalf 😂