Why do people judge girls on race so harshly 😔?

Okay I'm a black girl and I want to start of by saying why are seen as ghetto all the time? I get so frustated when I see people say "Omg black girls are nasty, I would never date one" like that really messes with a girl, I've never tried to blame a person for the way I feel but I always feel so compelled to always be quiet, don't argue, don't have too much fun, and other stuff. And it's bad for other girl too, white girls are basic and boring and are sluts, that's so fucked up to say, same thing with Asian women they're sluts and submissive, what if she wants to be taken seriously? Like wtf. And latinas are seen as crazy and will cuss you out in Spanish, like I know these are stereotypes and stereotypes are based off some truth and I should probably just be speaking for myself but it really breaks my heart. I don't get it, especially for black we're the least desirable and get so much shit because we act/look masucline, there's feminine looking black women out there who are nice and very civilized same thing for all the other girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• Apart from open racism, I believe there are two main reasons why some people say these things about black women in the US: first of all, African Americans struggle much more economically than other races do. If you are black and a woman, you are EIGHT TIMES more likely to fall into poverty than if you're white and a man. If you compare black men to white men, the gap is still a whopping four times that black men are more likely to fall into poverty. I'm not putting any value on this, I'm just stating it as a fact. It's one evidence for the incredible social inequality in the American society. In other words: if you are in fact a "ghetto person", you are much more likely to be black than white. This may lead to non-black Americans perceiving African Americans as "ghettoish". Of course there are rich, black people too but generally speaking it is true that African Americans tend to come from the working class.

A second reason might be the difference in culture and mentality. While African Americans are of course Americans too, their mentality is very different. I know this because I study English and I've researched the linguistic differences between AAVE and white American English in terms of pragmatics. Over all, African Americans tend to have a very different style of communicating from white Americans. Again, this is a value-less judgement. I'm not saying one is better and the other is worse. I'm simply saying there's a big difference. This difference can lead to broken communication and misunderstandings. For example black people in the US are often perceived as aggressive by white people although these black folks don't intend to come off as aggressive. This is not a purely American occurrence, it can be spotted everywhere around the world. For example when a Finnish guy observes a bunch of Turkish guys talk, he might easily get the impression that they're angry, aggressive, unhappy etc. because of the way they talk - even if they are in fact just being cheerful. The Turkish guys on the other hand might mistake the Finnish guy to be unnecessarily passive, bored, undecided, uninterested etc. even if these things are not true either. It works quite similarly among Americans of different races too. The style of communication (and behavior) that black Americans use happens to fall into the category of things that white Americans consider low-class. That doesn't mean they are actually low-class, they're simply different and that causes misunderstandings.

Most Helpful Girl

• Right there with you girl. I don't get it either. We're pigeon-holed into this corner of being loud-mouthed, fast talking, crazy women and I'm nothing like that. I got picked on in school by other black girls for speaking "too white" as in using full sentences, proper grammar and 4-syllable words. Nevermind I was raised by my all black family who speaks the same way. It's like they were trying to make me become stereotype the world made for them. It's sad. Even in the working world I feel the unspoken pressure to prove to non-black employers that I'm not a stereotype and have to "talk-the-talk" to get them to stop looking at my skin color and look at my merits and actually hear what I'm saying. The dating world is even harder. LOOOTS of men out there with profiles that make it clear they'll take "anything but black" and it's disgusting. It really messes our psyche. I feel like I did something wrong. And more often I run into men of other races that are more curious to learn what a black girl can do in bed rather than actually date one. It's like we're more valuable to them as sexual objects than a woman they can take seriously.

What Guys Said 13

• i know right, im white and im not that way to black girls. but i know folks that do that and i tell them off to stop. personally when im out and about, i've seen some very beautiful black girls i would say yes to, to date and have as a girlfriend, if i was approached and asked. so dont be thinking everyone harshly judges cause i dont, oops i said it twice.

• Because a disproportionate number of people fill that stereotype.
    Doesn't mean everyone does but enough do to give people that perception.

• There are all sorts of stereotypes. Blacks have a certain stereotype around them - and that for a reason. Most stereotypes don't come from nothing, but blacks being a lot more involved in ghetto and thug behaviour than others (whites are more likely to be seen as white trash, hillbillies or rednecks).

It is what it is. People assume and estimate other people. It originated as an evolutionary necessary (people needed to judge if they could trust another person as fast as possible). And your best bet is to simply just be yourself. Some people will dislike you for whatever reason, but most people will be open to see how you behave. And that speaks louder than every stereotype there is.

• When God made the first black woman, He was just showing off. I'm married to a black woman.

• I don't know the answer to your question, but I agree with you that it's sad that people have all these stereotypes. Girls of all races and ethnicities are attractive and feminine and great people.

• I hear you. The power of being a black male specimen as good looking as me is second to none. Even the most racist nazi sympathizer can't help but give me props. I feel sorry for you gals though... i really do. This is why you need to do some mad hard lobbying in the womb to come out a man. The inherit disadvantages to being a vaginal being often concerns me

• People are basically morons. You be your own self, sister. Your 'race' is only a small part of your identity. You can not let haters get to you

• Why do girls of all races judge blonde, blue-eyed guys like me so harshly? They always prefer dark-haired white guys or non-white guys.
    Black girls are not the only ones having problems in the dating world.

• What harsh things are said?

• quality over quantity

• I never do... Some fit the stereotype.. but most do not.

• I love black women

• Yeah it's tough. You have to learn to accept the stereotypes. At that point, you either choose to do/say something about it or ignore it. Those kinds of people are not worth being in your life, let alone worth your understanding. It is the world we live in sadly. Stand your ground

• I'm white and I love Black Women and I don't really assume someone's personality

What Girls Said 11

• Well perhaps they've had bad experiences with black American women. Growing up I was constantly mistreated by black Americans and they were some of the cruelest, meanest and nastiest people I've ever met.

I don't like black American culture. I feel like a lot of it paints blacks across the globe in a negative light. It's overly sexualized and violent, it celebrates criminals and degrades its followers. Blacks in America seem to be the representative of blacks around the world and because of that a lot of black people from different countries despise black Americans. They even separate themselves from your group.

Now of course this isn't your fault and you should be treated as an individual. But if anyone else's experiences were like mine growing up the majority of black Americans we've come across are extremely stupid, racist, slutty, angry, hostile, violent, and just overall animalistic. Then again I live in the south. It seems like the worst of people whether they be black, white, or yellow live here.

• I think it has to do with the intersectionality of race and gender. From what I understand of the concept, it is how sexism takes on a racial component and heightens both in ways that impact both our female and racial identities. It's something that has always plagued the feminist movement as well. Feminist theory was largely founded by black feminists, but it primarily became a white middle-class movement that focused on how sexism impacts white middle-class women. This has created a sharp divide between the 2nd and 3rd wave feminists. (or 3rd and 4th depending on how you categorize them.) The younger generation is the most racially diverse and far more sensitive towards racial issues and insists that women are effected by various identity intersections which changed how sexism impacts different kinds of women. It has been called Intersectional Feminism which the prior feminist generations have been slower to accept since they typically view race and sex as separate issues. It might help you to look into that.

• Just like blondes are dumb... It's nothing more than a stupid stereotype.

You can't let it get to you people are going to have their own opinions 😕

• Because people love to think stereotypes are true for every person. It's easier for them to get to know a stereotype as opposed to getting to know the person.

• There will be people who will love Black women and people who won't.
    You can't impress those who don't and honestly you shouldn't waste your time doing so.
    I'm sure you are a gorgeous girl and every girl regardless of race should be happy with herself.
    I've been hit on guys of every race, mostly white due to the area I live in but that's because I'm confident and comfortable with myself.
    Guys love confident and attractive women regardless of race.
    Have a listen to this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6gU7ItOxr9g
    Feel free to DM me, if you need someone to talk to 😘

• Listen. Some people are assholes. It's best not to listen to someone who just sees your race and not you. dont let people define you. They either had bad expirences or are stereotyping. But that's not your problem. You don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Shrug of the haters sista. And enjoy life

• Thank you !!!

• Some people hate BLACKS
    Some people hate Asians
    Some people hate WHITES
    That's how it is.. That's how it will forever be.
    But remember that only SOME people will hate SOME people.. :)

• Some won't see it that way.

• Those are only those people.
    You'll be hated somehow no matter who you are really.
    Just know that there's always someone who loves you for who you are and we're not here to please the males but to please ourselves.

• I'm black, too, and I feel the struggle. It's true, I feel like black women get a bad rap.