Do you get annoyed or even creeped out when someone you are not attracted to compliments your looks?

And is a normal compliment like 'you have pretty eyes' or 'you look gorgeous?'

Most Helpful Girl

• I get anxiety over stuff like that, I dunno why. It's more a reflection on me tho. I prefer to go unnoticed but that doesn't happen much xD

• I suspect if you did go unnoticed, after awhile you'd miss the attention :p

• Maybe the positive attention but I wouldn't miss being asked how tall I am all the time xD

Most Helpful Guy

• Im not a pretentious shallow person, so no that doesn't bother me.

What Girls Said 29

• It would depend on the context. Like, if some guy leered at me, leaned in close while making eye contact and suddenly said, "You've got pretty eyes." That would be creepy. Very unsettling.

• no? that's terrible lol. id still be grateful for the compliment, definitely.

• I just nod my head and say okay thank u~

• I wouldn't say annoyed or even creeped out but slightly uncomfortable? Not because the person is not attractive but it's just "someone"

• I do feel a little awkward with it, but it's not really annoying or creepy, it's very sweet :)

• I don't find that pretty unless you say it in a rapey tone.

• No, not at all... only if they make innuendos

• Nah. It's just another compliment.

• No, that's stupid and bitchy unless they are a creep depending on the situation. I thank them and take it with a grain of salt and keep it pushing.

• I feel flattered as long as it's just a compliment with no strings attached, lol. If it's more than once or twice it gets awkward from someone I don't fancy

• No. I appreciate the compliment and keeo rolling.

• No.
    It only creeps me out if it's a complete stranger and if their tone is off.

• Yea it can be awkward cs I don t want any compliments from that person.
    And then I feel like I owe him smthng and if I go along with the compliments I might lead you on.

• This guy at work is always saying things to me. I had to go up to the attic and get some records. As I was almost down the ladder this guy said..."I really want to see her climb down that ladder" He said it to another coworker. That embarrassed me...

• No because I appreciate all compliments unless they're coming off incredibly creepy.

• No, it's still nice that the person thought to say something.

• not really, unless they look creepy.

• What you mean by look creepy?

• I hope I don't give that vibe 😅

• Naw you don't, :)

• Yes creepy

• no, that's normal. however, if i don't know you and you come up and grab me or something i would. for example, a customer where i work grabbed me and licked my ear while i was mopping the floor. i wanted him to die.

• No unless you're hitting on me but just being a nice person and saying something kind is cool.

• Nah it's a compliment.!! I'll take it unless he says weirdly

• I just take the compliment, it's flattering either way. Although if it's done creepily then I'll have escape methods on my mind. But when I'm alone with my thoughts later on, I'll remember the conpliment and feel good.

• All compliments to me = static white noise.

• No. I appreciate it.

• Not really. It's still flattering

• Sometimes lol

• No, of course not. A compliment is a compliment.

• No, It's always nice to receive compliments no matter who it's from

• I'll be flattered and thank the person.
    But if they continued it'll get annoying.

What Guys Said 16

• I think people that get annoyed or creeped out by this just because they are not attracted to the person are showing a level of being stuck up and acting entitled.

• Seriously, how does it change the meaning of the compliment cause of how "attractive" a person is? I do not follow.

• Not attractive... I mean if they are attracted to them. The meaning changes because one you have feelings for one and no feelings for the other

• You mean like compared to a girlfriend/boyfriend vs a stranger? If so I can totally get it, but I do not get it. If say are two strangers, where one you think is attractive and other think is ugly, compliment should mean the same anyway. But naturally, if more than a stranger, like loved one, then naturally can get it yes, compliment of course would mean more from someone like that. But I suppose an attraction is a lower form of that, which wouldn't be weird if that meant more than a stranger either.

• No. Just because they aren't attractive to you doesn't mean their intentions are any less genuine than a hot persons.

• Not really, I mean I'm not into them but they are trying to give me a compliment, better to take it and let it boost my destroyed sense of self value after my ex left me for a pill addict.

I hit on women daily that are out of my league, doesn't mean I want to fuck them, they just deserve self esteem when they clearly don't have it.

Peace begets peace if both parties want it.

• I usually don't care. Not annoyed and not creeped out. Like I never heard it.

• Nahh

• Not at all. I'd thank them.

• Can get annoying if it's repetitive..

• No, if it is not done in a distasteful manner why would it bother me?

• No, I take it the same way someone I was attracted to.

• No I get flattered

• Naw I'm not shallow

• Nope, I'm not shallow.

• A compliment is a compliment

• Meh not really

• Only a shallow self centered person will feel that way.