Dog tried to bite someone Advice?

My dog is the nicest dog ever. She is so sweet kind and filled with love. All she does is lick people and play with them. My dog is the type of dog that would not bite anyone and if someone is messing with her or tying to hurt her she is going to access the situation before doing anything harmful. Today I had my girlfriend's little sister over and my dog loves her but when the little sister started rubbing my dogs face my dog became very aggressive and began growling at her like she was going to bite her. I imediately moved the dog away but I was so surprised because I have never seen my dog exhibit this type of behavior towards anyone at all my dog is the nicest dog ever I can't even yell at my dog or raise my voice because she gets scared. What I think it was was because my dog got jealous or something because I love my dog more than anything but I love my girlfriend's sister too more than anything because I watched her grow up and everything it just seemed like the more attention that I showed to the little sister the more my dog would become aggressive Advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm I was gonna say training but if this is the only time maybe just try and show the dog lots of attention when the little girl is around

Most Helpful Guy

• The dog got jealous, yes that's a thing. They're both female, while you (the male in the pack.. so to speak) suddenly paid attention to someone else. It may be because you're too lenient with your dog. You could try training her, like, playing around with both her and the sister at the same time.

What Girls Said 2

• maybe she didn't like the sister touching her face? possibly to rough while touching her. Dogs can get jealous but I would think that she would come in between you and her. not bite her

• Your pup probably got jealous or didn't like the sister touching her face.

Side note... Your pup sounds precious.

What Guys Said 2

• Group hug?

• All that you need do is make a not to leave the dog's face alone.
    Everyone has their no-go zone. Dogs have only one way to communicate their displeasure.