Why is factory work so hard?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• You have the added physical factor which can lead to both physical fatigue on top of the standard mental fatigue...

Coupled with body soreness/pain you're likely to experience during the first couple months of work while you assimilate to the work...

Then you have things like work climates... factories with shipping docks are not often air-conditioned and during the heat of a summer it can get hotter inside the place then it is outside...

Then lastly factory work often has a repetitiveness to it so as time goes on you become stressed, tired mentally and physically, uncomfortable because of the climate, and bored as fuck from doing the same things over and over for the billionth time...

But i digress...

It really does depend on what you're doing as a factory worker...

What exactly is your job?

p. s. Spend money on good boots! SERIOUSLY.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Heck it is a lot easier than childcare trust me. What about it is so hard in your opinion?

• Depends on the factory... Some just stand next to a line and make sure it's running correctly. When I was a machinist, building things from scratch (production work), to me it was never hard. Sometimes I went home exhausted from physical labor of chucking parts in and out of a machine all day but I wouldn't consider it hard. Worst part was the managers always standing there screaming at you to work faster and faster all day while they retreated to their air conditioned offices to screw around on the computer. These are reasons why I am no longer a machinist... If you are referring to factory work like an assembly line at Ford, I wouldn't know and can't honestly say. It looks way watching them tho lol

• Your kidding right?

• Its a very phyiscal 12 hour shift, in an extremely hot, loud, dirty, dangerous environment.