How can there be shadows on the moon if there is no gravity?

Like seriously who are these idiots that come up with this and didn't know about it. fuckin morons.

• I don't know why OP the moon is stupid
  • I disagree OP

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. There is gravity, everything has gravity. Because the moon is smaller than the earth the gravity force is less strong (I don't know the English scientific term for it), therefore the moon doesn't have an atmosphere.
    2. Shadows have little to do with gravity. They are caused by light and absence of light. As long as we're not talking about black holes, photons don't have significant mass.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

• Silly moon, thinks that it can have shadows and be as awesome as earth. XD

What Guys Said 18

• Well it went like this :
    The first moonlanding was fake but then years later on the americans did actually land on the moon and they brought Nocturne with them.
    ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/.../Nocturne_0.jpg
    He's a nightmare that was bound into physical form and he has also killed tons of people. So even though there wouldn't be any shadows because of the lack of gravity, because he's up there spreading the DAAAAAAAAARKNESSSSSS there still are shadows get it?
    It's simple really.

• Because shadows don't weigh very much. So even without gravity it takes them a long time to float away. Wait another trillion years and the shadows won't be there any more. They'll float through space until the hit something.

And because Pink Floyd. This explains it better.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAHNzDc8vI

• We brought gravity with us in the moon landings. Trace amounts of gravity escaped from the lunar pod onto the moon. That's why it is mostly white.

• ? I can't tell if your stance is "Who's the moron that asks this question" or "How could you believe there are shadows on the moon" Simple Answer, Gravity has such a minimal effect on light that there is a relationship between the two in terms of the existance of shadows on the moon makes no sense. Long answer, there is in fact gravity on the moon and light is in fact effected by gravity because it has energy and E=MC^2 . A Shadow is the result of an absense of light resulting from an obstruction, in that sense the side of the moon not facing the sun has a shadow and any outcropping on the moon that faces the sun can produce a shadow in it's wake.

• Shadows on the Moon are complicated because there are several light sources: the Sun, and the Earth, as well as the astronauts and the Lunar Module. Light from these sources is scattered by lunar dust in many different directions, including into shadows.

• Light and therefore shadow has nothing to do with gravity

Also there IS gravity on the moon, just not as much as on a larger spherical object, for example the earth

• Shadows are made when an object blocks light from completely reaching all parts of another object , which is behind the first object from the point of view of the source of light. What dies that have to do with by the way, the moon has gravity. Not just as strong as that of the earth.

• Shadows are created when light is blocked and does not pass through any given material. It has relatively nothing to do with gravity. By the way gravity exists on the moon it is just less of a force.. If light was affected by gravity, no light would leave the sun whose gravity is enormous

• What are you on and can I have some?

• Oh there you go again. I was kinda worried.
    Everything has a gravitational field as log as it has mass. GM/r^2

• Its magic dude

• I'll pretend I read it wrong and pass on

• Maybe there so much dirt and dust there 😂

• That's because the moon isn't real, it was made in a Hollywood basement

• They were painted on

• if we've never been to the sun because it's too hot, why don't we just go at night?