What are some interesting quotes that you've heard?

What are some interesting quotes you have recent heard? What are some that motivate and encourage you? Or in general what are some funny or inspirational quotes that you have heard?

My father has been sending me a lot of quotes lately which starting to make me curious about what other quotes are interesting to people at the moment.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything by Muhammad Ali really.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is inspirational, to me.

“A charmed life is so rare that for every one such life there are millions of wretched lives. Some know that their baby will be among the unfortunate. Nobody knows, however, that their baby will be one of the allegedly lucky few. Great suffering could await any person that is brought into existence. Even the most privileged people could give birth to a child that will suffer unbearably, be raped, assaulted, or be murdered brutally. The optimist surely bears the burden of justifying this procreational Russian roulette. Given that there are no real advantages over never existing for those who are brought into existence, it is hard to see how the significant risk of serious harm could be justified. If we count not only the unusually severe harms that anybody could endure, but also the quite routine ones of ordinary human life, then we find that matters are still worse for cheery procreators. It shows that they play Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun—aimed, of course, not at their own heads, but at those of their future offspring.”
    ― David Benatar, Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming Into Existence

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 4

• Ad Astra per Aspera
    Kansas Motto

If you are caught unprepared by a sudden rainstorm, you should not run foolishly down the road or hide under the eves of houses. You are going to get soaked either way. Accept that from the beginning and go on your way. This way you will not be distressed by a little rain. Apply this lesson to everything.
    -Japanese Proverb-

Fall seven times and get up eight.
    -Japanese Proverb-

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.
    Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur - Unknown

Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius

Etiam capillus unus habet umbram - Publilius Syrus

Transit umbra, lux permanet - Unknown

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria - Publius Syrus

Faber est suae quisque fortunae - Appius Claudius Caecus

Are some of the most interesting in my opinion and some of my favorites.

• Any man can force a potato into his bum, but only a father can do it at the breakfast table. - Mahatma Ghandi

• "If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are..."

"A flower falls, even though we love it; and a weed grows, even though we do not love it."

Two of my favourites.

• My favorite quote (Which I'll be getting a tattoo of soon) is "We will either find a way, or we will make one." -Hannibal Barca (Cartheginian General in the Punic Wars of Ancient Rome)