Why is being uncomfortable with homosexuality a bad thing?

Does it make me homophobic?

As a straight guy, I don't have anything against them, I'm just not really comfortable with it because I'm straight.

Most Helpful Girl

• You might want to look in yourself to see why exactly you are uncomfortable. Are you worried about getting hit on? Do you just not really understand it? Are you worried about how other might perceive you if they see you in company of homosexuals? Are you worried that being around to many gays might effect your personal sexuality?

Often feeling uncomfortable can just come from not knowing or understanding another person. People who prefer their same sex are exactly like you. They love and cry just like you. I'm sure if you can take the time to listen you will find out exactly that.
    You definitely don't have to make the same choices in life as anyone else, but taking the time to understand others is part of what makes us human.

• I'm worried about NONE of those.

I haven't said anything about gays being different to me?

• I was just throwing out some reasons. If you are uncomfortable there is a reason behind it. You can't ask others to change their behavior (or not show that behavior around you) if you are not willing to understand your own feelings.

I know many straight people that are not uncomfortable around gay people at all.

Most people find themselves feeling uncomfortable when they don't understand another's experience. I'm guessing you would rather not feel that way, thus the suggestions on how to feel more comfortable. Though it's up to you (as long as you not hurting or discriminating) how you react to others relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• It just means that people who have a mentality like yours, typically do dumb shit like discrimation or unfair treatment. From the past, when people have been "uncomfortable" with sexualties that doesn't apply or isn't similar to their's, they typically became physical with the other. Don't believe me, you can use the Orlando incident that recently happened. Read up on the story and then look at the pathetic responses that people made about homosexuality. Makes some of us even wonder why some people exist. Either accept homosexuality, or shut up and keep to yourself

• I take what you wrote as a personal attack (ad hominem).

I HAVE accepted that gays exist you mug.

• Lmfao!!! God you are so ignorant! Why am I even having this conversation with you? You just don't get it!!

• Why should you give a damn anyways about what others think about you in general? you be you! Just know that some of us don't give a shit about you or your opinions. Lol but before you start making accusations or assumptions, you should really think about things before you open your mouth to say something. That's my advice to you

What Girls Said 3

• But it's not really a bad thing, it's up to you. What's bad is when you're not ok with it and you bash people for that, like when you make fun of someone's else sexuality when they don't even care about yours is just wrong. The same way people have to accept that you're not ok with it you have to respect the ones that are.

• Like I said, gays don't bother me in the slightest, they're allowed to love whoever they want.

• Not really comfortable with it because you're straight? More like not really comfortable with it because you're insecure about your sexuality.

• Really?

I'm really attracted to women and I don't ever get turned on by men...

• I sleep when i please bye

• I don't think it's a bad thing
    At least you are honest

• So it doesn't make me homophobic?

I mean a girl kissing a girl turns me on...

What Guys Said 3

• Why do you care at all?
    All we can do in our short life's is find happiness
    If that is how finds happiness let them be

• There's nothing wrong with that.

• Because it's about tolerance. You need to live and let live.