Do you forgive the person (s) who broke your heart or vice versa?

• YesDo you forgive the person (s) who broke your heart or vice versa?
  • NoDo you forgive the person (s) who broke your heart or vice versa?
  • It is what it is.Do you forgive the person (s) who broke your heart or vice versa?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. And I've never been more emotionally thrashed for such a long period of time in my life. It's over now, and has been over for a month or two. The world is piecing back together and sanity has been restored.

Yet in spite of experiencing such trauma, one must forgive. One must forgive or forever wear a victim's facade. Without forgiveness, you cannot heal the wound that will negatively alter the face of your future.

No matter how terrible the person or how severe his or her wrong doing is, forgiveness is the only justice. When you forgive, you are no longer an ailing victim. You become transcendent.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to. For your own sanity and happiness, you need to let these things go eventually

What Guys Said 29

• I've either forgiven or written off most of them. There are only a few, maybe six total, that I would say I've still got a grudge on. Because those six went the extra mile to make me regret ever trying to so much as be a friend, let alone anything beyond that.

A few days ago, I ran into the one that was only using me for MAA XP on Facebook two years ago. She took one look at me, hauling that heavy palette across the store, and had the same smug look of "I'm too good for you" on her face as she scattered away and tried to pretend she didn't see me, as she had two years ago when I last ran into her. Her nose got bigger, she appeared to have gotten taller, her heart is as black as ever.

The deli manager gal knows what she said about me was wrong. I can see in her face that only her pride prevents her from apologizing.

The evil hairstylist? I have no clue what she's up to today. And unless it involves me, or she's jumped into terrorism or something, I quite frankly am not curious enough to even have a look.

Most offenses, I can forgive. Lying about me to the cops? That's how you end up on a permanent shit list.

• If someone were to break my heart, me hating them would be the same as granting them victory. It's simply best to move on and get them out of my life entirely.

• nope, never ! even if god forgive her, even if my life would be the price I'll never forgive her and will keep praying for god so she pay for what she did to me cause I loved her blindly and believed everything she said and left all the world for her not knowing she was a psychopath wearing a mask full of lies who used me to get what she wants and where she wanted and left me wrecked on the floor !
    I never forgive her and I'm ready o give half of the years left in my life to god in exchange so she doesn't find happiness or live happy in her life !

• Assuming i was largely innocent and they provide a credible apology, yes. I will forgive her but not excuse her. Barring that, just excusing them and going along like nothing happened?, absolutely not. Ill keep her in my grudge drawer permanently and draw blood if the opportunity arises. "You're just hurting yourself," you say? Nonsense. She is a life marker in understanding right from wrong. Not anonymous on this.

• It depends on the person and what they did. I had a best friend who completely lied to me and left my life making me sound like I did him wrong, when in reality, he did me wrong. Then he came back after a long while and I did my own thing but he was a completely different person who kept pissing me off. So I distanced myself from him and he cut himself out of my life again. This time, I don't care anymore. I've learned to move on from people like that. I have my own life from him and my own set of friends.

• I have hated an ex of mine. She did everything she could to ruin my life and had a lasting devastating effect on me. The stuff she pulled was not dating stuff. They were some truly inhuman things.

It made me negative for a long time. But after a while I realized I had to forgive her to move on. Now I am doing o much better. So yes, forgive a person.

At the same forgiving a person does not mean you still have to associate with that person. So again I say, forgive that person.

• Damn bro! What did you ex do?

• @Whizzy83 All I wanna say is that I still carry the physical and financial damage. And I nearly wouldn't be here to write this.

• 2 years back I meet this girl with a fatherless child of 4 month. Stupid me for envolving myself in this relationship but the kid was only 4 months old and every child in the world deserves the love of a mother and a father. Fast forward nine months and we break up because I'm pulling all the weight in the relationship, everything from cooking cleaning working overtime even taking care of my son ( at the time ) so she can take her ass to school. Bought them clothes send then to Disney land etc... the works. We break up, I move out and she send the boy to her mother far far away and I told her if you send him I will not continue to father the boy. She did though and that hurt like hell 😕. Fast forward 6 months from this she got pregnant by another man and refused to be the father of that child. Long story short from what I know. She lives in a room the size of a van with the 2 kids, cockroaches everywhere in a small house meant for 2 people but 8 people live in. She's very poor. Karma!

• I forgive everyone. I'm just a swell guy like that.

• Kind of going through this right now. I've forgiven my ex, but I can't forget what she did. Especially the way she ended the relationship. But hey, it just shows me she is not the one for me, I'm just meant to be with someone else I guess.

Hope you're okay!

• Generally yes, if the contact remains open and honest. People have to follow their hearts and even if that breaks mine, it's human and the intention was rarely to harm. So yes, I love to forgive when she obviously didn't have the intention to harm :D

• Why would I forgive someone for anything. If you don't mean to do it, then don't do it.

• No because it's not their fault.
    I am responsible for my belongings, if I give it to a person that breaks them, it is my fault.

• Only if you saw it coming ahead of time. Everyone should have the chance to feel safe in a relationship. If they break your heart, and you didn't know to see it coming, the fault is theirs, not yours. If you let them back in after one betrayal, and they do it again, they and you have shared guilt. They are never absolved, simply because you ignored warning signs.

• I'm very good at forgiving people. If u do that u will find yourself flying through your life and everything will be easy

• No. I don't hold grudges, but if they lose my trust, I don't give it back; they've lost it for good.

Therefore, I'm just simply going to let them do whatever they want, as long as they do it away from me. They are no longer welcome here.

• I have had that happen to me only once and forgive but can't get over it so I try not to ever let it happen again...

• It is what it is, its over and done with annnd life... life goes onnn

• I have.

• data.whicdn.com/images/86815584/original.gif
    I don't have a heart to break...

• No, I didn't. I would have done it only if she had broken my heart just for my feelings, but if she had broken my heart just for her way of acting, I would never forgive her.

• Yes I'd forgive. I can't move on if I don't forgive.

• What's to forgive?

• if they made up for it then yes.

• Yes I do forgive people.

• Yes... would I give them a second chance to do it again? No... no I would not...

• It's better to forgive, anger only begets more anger.

• I have
    Life is better that way

• you might break someone's heart someday too. So learn to forgive.

• It all depends, I would move on for little thing but big thing call for sweet revenge.

• You have to

• Yes I forgive easily

What Girls Said 22

• No, what he did was plain cruel and inhumane. He knew what he was doing. He didn't apologise once so he does not deserve forgiveness. I only forgive those who recognise their errors and genuinely apologise for them. I'm still waiting. It took my ex 5 years to apologise to me so I'll be waiting just as long for the last asshole to grow up.

• If I had a heart... I guess yeah. If you don't it's like they're still winning, and I refuse to let any of those bastards win in life at my emotional expense. So I'll forgive just never forget and at any opportunity it presents itself for them to get hurt I might just take it.

• No. I'm not a forgiving person in the slightest. Once you screw me over in any way, not only in a relationship, I'm done with you. I hold grudges and whatever it is that you've done to me, I'll hold it against you and always throw it back in your face. I can't help it, I just don't have it in me to forgive people. It's not like I'll ever forget what they've done to me so how am I supposed to say it's okay and act like it never happened? That's not how I felt in the moment it happened and you can't reverse the past so why should I be so forgiving?

• Depends what they did. If they cheated then no. If they kissed someone else and had sex with them no. If they did a minor mistake and they acknowledged it then yes

• Yes because it wasn't his fault. The heart wants what it wants and he just didn't want me. In my opinion, letting go is part of love and I want what's best for him so I encouraged him to go find someone who can make him happy in that way

• No I don't forgive him, because of his parting words to me.

• Eh there wifey. I clicked on It is what it Is. He just fell out of love.. so there ain't nothing i can do about that. Came to terms with it a recently

Hbu?

• 👊😠 I'll murder that bastard for u!!! Ur the total package babyyyy. And ughhh at first I don't , but I know it is good to forgive and move on so I do. Now I'm a pro at no feeling's lol.

• I'm not sure. If it was my boyfriend, i hardly doubt he would break my heart, but it depends on what he has done... i love him too much...

• Only the ones that that do it right. Ones that do it in a shitty way I don't

• I have never been forgiven because people are totally delusional + romanticise the past + refuse to move forward.

• It is what it is. I mean, what else are we supposed to do. Living with hatred because you can't forgive them, will slowly kill you. You may forgive, but never forget :/

• I hold grudges temporarily and then I forgive especially if that person is truly remorseful and tries to be a better person.

• Yes, because if you don't, you will never move on.

• It is what it is. I was a fool for him so learned a few lessons but i promise you I will never learn that shit again...

• Nope, he was very cold and careless about it. How can I forgive somebody who was so heartless and inconsiderate about my feelings when I was so sweet to him and in love?

• Forgive? Yes. Forget? Never.

• Yes I am a very forgiving person

• I forget about them but I don't forgive them.

• over time i do

• Bruised, never broken.

• I forgive everyone I can't be upset with someone long

• You truly never forgive and you most definitely don't forget.