English accents/dialects! Which is worst in your opinion?

• Cockney (London)
  • Brummie (Birmingham)
  • Scouse (Liverpool)
  • Geordie (Newcastle)
  • Mancunian (Manchester)
  • Name another

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure if I've heard Scouse but I like all the others here. I have heard ones I didn't like but not sure where they were from

Most Helpful Girl

• I just Pressed "A" for Absolutely... I don't care for London Accents Nor any Other from Another Mother from there. No Ring to my Ears here, dear.
    However, I am Very Fond of Arabic Accents. I had always found my Muslim husband in Egypt's Quite a Delight.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Thank you for the Like and the Vote of Confidence and wow, I didn't go anon. xx

What Guys Said 14

• A and B!! It takes me a few days to understand them!! Irish, is the best, like Aussie, and I can understand them, even with their strange words for things!!!

• I went with Liverpool because there was this girl from Liverpool who literally doesn't use the letter L and it made her speech near-incomprehensible to me

• I don't know the difference but there really are some English accents out there that are thick and difficult to comprehend.

• I knew a girl from Essex in secondary school. Jesus Christ, I wanted to rip off her head and beat her to death with it.

• Scouse by far

• Northern-English... can't make out shit what they're saying. Also Scottish is a proper ear-cancer. Watch "Trainspotting" to see just how messed up it is :D Interestingly enough, when I think "junky" I think "Scottish". hmph

• Which part of Northern England? There's quite a lot of variation up here.

• Every one but London

• in belgium the dialect have no names like that.

• Fuckin' Liverpool :v
    Kidding... kidding... not really :v

• I like the Brummie accent

• Geordie just makes people come across as dumb 😁

• Canadian accents, sorry Canadians. I don't hate you, just the way you sound when you speak.

• I find the Newcastle accent to be quite annoying (although Scouse is definitely up there).

• German

What Girls Said 9

• Hey, the brummie accent isn't so bad :P I would say it's Scouse by far.

• most of us aren't familiar with these =/

• I LOVE Geordie accents! But then my ex had a Geordie accent so I'm a sucker for it. I personally don't like Scouse or Cockney but I do like Brummie! (I'm from near Manchester but I have a Lancashire accent)

• lol I looked up the Lancashire accent out of curiosity on YouTube. xD I think I may have heard that one before! In any case, it's quite pretty in my opinion. :D

• Being from the US, I had no idea there were differences in English accents, they all sound the same to me. Well, I've just been schooled I guess!

Sorry that I can't answer. Of course the dialect between European English and US English gets me scratching my head sometimes as I'm sure it's reversed too. Kinda funny.

• I think lots of American's think we all speak the Queen's English but no, we have regional accents, some of them are really thick and obvious :)

• @Blonde401 very interesting, I never thought about it but it makes sense. Just like different accents between people of the US! Of course... duh me. :)

• Of course :P but yeah we're always shown on TV as speaking perfect English so I think TV is to blame haha

• Glad that Scottish accents aren't on that list. I would say the cockney dialect is the worst. I love the Geordie accent though

• Scottish n geordie

• Doesn't matter. Can't understand any of them anyways.

• Scouse is horrible man

• On that list I'd say Liverpool