Do you believe that all people are "basically good"?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• No, Sadly I have come to the understanding that in an evil world, breeds evil people
    By the time a boy becomes a man, he is influenced greatly by evil.
    Being a good man in evil times, is probably thee hardest thing

• I think you are referring to radical Islam, where boys are indoctrinated at a very early age. The same was true with Hitler youth and Japanese school children during WWII. Just as with the Nazi's and Imperial Japan. Radical Islamic teachings will also fail. If we only had a President with foresight. . .

• You are right. Indoctrination and mind control, is what has created so many bad people.

• Yeah, and in modern times!

What Girls Said 7

• I always say, @Aqualung, tha tno matter What... There is Always a Little Good in All of us.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I believe so!
    We are all good.
    We have a few bad traits but all of us have our morals and principles.
    All of us loves someone.
    All of us wants to live.
    All of us wants to be happy. Just we try to do it in different ways.
    We should be able to see good things in other people.
    Years ago I believed that I was bad girl (person), but then I guessed that I am good in my own way.
    Everyone is good in their own way.

• I believe that everyone is born with some "good" and some "bad" in them. Than their family, education, environnement and circumstances shape them into different levels of good or evil persons.

• No...

• No. Not all people have a good bone in them

• I guess that depends on exactly how you think of and define the word good.

• That's a cop-out. I'm sure you know the difference between good and bad. Was Hitler good?

• No, that's fine Miss, I appreciate and understand your perspective. Let's forget about evil for now - it's usually indicative of a mental illness. How about those who commit fraud, lie, cheat on their spouses, play extreme office politics, bully's, etc., normal bad people. What''s your opinion on that?

• But right in their own minds doesn't make it right to others.

• yep.

• So then, what happens to them?

• i guess... I don't know they get burned
      or someone convinces them of the stupid "rule" that says cussing and acting like a jerk is "grown up"
      or they go through some trauma that changes them in a lot of ways
      or something builds up inside and then escalates into bad things

... etc etc

What Guys Said 15

• Nope and that is a dangerous assumption to make in today's world, people start out neutral and they chose their path, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

• I feel people have free will and can choose either good or evil, so I suppose u can say that I feel that all people have the capacity to be good people.

• No because "all people" would include the likes of Hitler, members of Islamic state, pedos, murderes, feminists and so on

• Yes I do. But we were given free will, and as imperfect humans, we usually abuse that free will and do stupid things with it.

• Not all, but a majority are.

• No, I don't.

• Never, it's a dog eat dog kind of crapsack world where almost everybody is really acting in their very own best interests first. I think there are way too many liars and hypocrites in this reality.

• no, not at all. people are bad

• I don't expect people to be anymore or any less than they are.

There are two reasons why people do things: The real reason, and the reason they want people to think.

Sometimes they are pretty close, other times the reasons are very spread apart.

But humans are selfish. They will always serve themselves first,.

• Good and evil is a manmade term, so yeah, people are basically "good".

• I believe that
    Until they are sure they can get away from punishment ,

• In wars , when saints are sure they become God of their victim women , they rape them

• Worst sinners,
      What I mean is , even people who are good and raised to be good with no hypocrisy, and they became good even if no one is looking
      When they feel ultimate power , the temptation is beatable, that even saints become rapists

• Which saints are rapists?

• Nah.

• i think the majority is but we are biased to believe the majority is bad, because our brain has this function that it always focused on negative experiences so we would prevent them in the future as a survival mechanism.

• I hope so and I think so. After all a lot of morally corrupt people (racists, criminals and rude people) have a change of heart.

• most people are not all