What would happen if there was a vampire?

If hypothetically, vampires were real in this year would they:
- Still be able to get away from the light
- Continue feeding blood from either the living or animals for years
- Get away with never aging even in this year, etc.

Basically how would you picture vampires living their life in 2016 and so on as the years passed?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they'd be incredibly bored, having seen and done everything. They'd probably give in to quick temptations, lead a promiscuous lifestyle, are maybe prone to depression, and occasionally try to invent goals they can pursue only to accomplish them and feel empty again.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are enough Vampire movies, books, shows etc set in the modern era that this doesn't need to be asked xD

Watch Twilight, True Blood or The Vampire Diaries

What Guys Said 14

• I think humans would destroy them, we have advanced technology and although vampires are just as smart as humans are, we have the benefit of not having to hide in private and being able to walk in both sunlight and daylight. Eventually we would catch up and kill the shit out of every single vampire with either artificial sunlight technology, or traditional means.

• Doubtful that light would effect them. If their bodies could regenerate at alarming speed, it would mean that each cell in their body is a supercell, and light would have no effect. They are superhuman pretty much.
    Lol I don't know haven't been involved with vampire stuff in a long time

• Okay so, blood is more like a drug, but they can and will die from withdrawals. Light won't kill them but it does bother them (it's painful, gives them migraines, things like that). They don't sparkle or look like models. When they're high (just drank blood) they have quicker reflexes, strength, and speed, they also don't feel pain. Also while high they don't age, but they age more rapidly when they aren't. So the ones with better connects can be centuries old, the ones without maybe only a decade or two. Most people aren't aware of them, so they can't just let vampires kill whenever they want. So vampires have to buy a license and tags, ones that kill illegally are punished, even killed themselves. Outside of that you can purchase blood, but it's not as high quality and it's high doesn't last as long. The organisations that control this are basically crime mafias.

• Well, I doubt they'd have any problem with sunlight, garlic or crosses: They're esentially dead bodies, that opposite zombies, need blood and have retained their mind.

• Doubt the light thing... maybe weakened by it but die from it? Nah
    It would be very easy for them to hide... tho pointless since everyone wants to be one... it'd make them rock stars...

Getting blood is very easy nowadays so they won't need to 'prey' on anyone.

But there's always some people who'll want them dead for jealousy or religious reasons... I better shut up before someone calls me a Vampire... again >.>

• First of all I would like to explain to you that vanpires are in fact real and yes, these vampires can aquire great strength. This condition is called Porphyria and people who have condition need blood to survive and get stronger when they're fed, and are sensitive to light as well.

As for your question, vampires can live their life as a regular human being.

• They would probably hide in the shadows to avoid being discovered. They would however, hunt me first because my blood is far tastier than anyone else here on GAG.

• I'd go down to my local catholic priest and ask him to bless a thousand rounds of.45 caliber ACP,
    Holy and blessed things kill vampires, you do the math

• If vampires existed
    I'd get my shit
    I'd find them
    And then I'd fuck the shit out of the female ones
    Why?
    Cuase it's a DANM good story

• They'd probably kill themselves of boredom. You can only spend so many nights with drunk people lol

• In b4 blood bank restaurants.

• they would probably have a blood farm by now.

• Vampires are my fav

• Same. Though, I think they would get suspected quickly with the way technology will keep advancing and social medias.

• Technology is not that powerful

What Girls Said 4