Meat Eaters, would you date a Vegan?

I am a vegan, and personally, I wouldn't mind dating a meat eater; I wouldn't judge a person based on their eating habits. On the other side, I wonder if this kind of relationship can last with the extreme differences. (I wouldn't like if he try to force his lifestyle upon me, vice versa).

So I am curious for your response.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a vegetarian (trying to convert to vegan). I have tried dating meat eaters before, and although I never imposed my diet, there were too many issues to deal with. Now I have decided to date only vegetarians or vegans.

• What issues arouse? If I may ask?

by the way, the change will be difficult, mostly if you like cheese

• Thanks for MHO!

• @WhaChaChaKing
      Yes they were. Absolutely!

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't care what my partner chose to eat as long as they didn't pressure me to change my own diet.

What Guys Said 43

• A true vegan? No, I don't think I could do that. I can't see myself dating someone that takes a stance against all animal products. Being vegan isn't just about not eating meat. It is a mindset against all animal products. Including not using leather shoes or glues made from animal products. That is taking things way too far for me. I really don't see how someone with that mindset could be compatible long term with someone that eats meat, and uses animal products.

Would I date a vegetarian? It depends on why she is vegetarian. If it is because of ethics, then absolutely not. That is an instant deal breaker. I don't want a girl that thinks I am less ethical because of my food, or my leather belt.

If she is a vegetarian because she feels better physically on that diet, then I think I could live with that. It would still be a negative, because it would forever make cooking a bigger pain than it needs to be. I don't want us to have to cook two meals every time we step into the kitchen. It is however something I think I could deal with.

• That's true, you've raised a great point. A lot of vegans are very preachy when it comes to eating meat or dairy products, only to have some gummy bears or something like Panna Cotta for dessert, which contain gelatin.

• I see your point. Since in a long run, it wouldn't really work, since our lifestyle might be too much for people. Ex: I don't buy animal skin (I don't like the term leather :/)

• No, I would not. I also wouldn't date a christian or muslim girl or a conservative girl. It doesn't mean I hate them though. People can do and think whatever they want but in order for me to fall in love with another person, there must be a basis likeness in fundamental questions, if you know what I mean.

• I tried dating vegetablists, and it wasn't always easy to find places they'd have something they liked on the menu. I had a co-worker who was one and she was sick of always having to get a salad or pizza.

That's even before we get into the whole 'meat shaming' thing.

• When I lived in San Francisco there's tons of vegetarian/vegans. It was kinda a challenge for dinner dates lmao. But it's fine

• If they are fine with me eating meat and I do eat A LOT of meat then yeah. I don't push my eating habits on others I just ask for the same courtesy.

• I would and to be honest its my eating habits that would most likely change. I eat a lot of meat free products anyway like quorn etc. because they are quick, easy and taste good. the only meat I eat is chicken and fish and thats not very often.

I doubt i would give up dairy products though as i love cheese and milk.

• I have dated a vegan and it wasn't an issue. The only issue I'd have is if we had kids and they tried to make our kids vegan.

• yeah I've no problem with dating a vegan or vegetarian never have just dont try to force me to not eat meat.

• Yeah, as long as she won't make me give up animal protein. I would go vegan one or two days a week if she wanted me to

• I've dated a vegan before... never had any problems despite my trolling them now and then on GAG. Vegans can be sexy too.

• Sexy how?

• Fitness/Health even in the foods you eat can be sexy in some way or another.
      That and she was cute. XD I think some people stress over too many things to be honest.
      Being vegan as a turn off is one of them. I know many sexy vegans. It's all good in my book.

• I probably wouldn't.
    I don't really care what you eat and I don't care about changing your mind.
    But I consider it to be kind of a dumb idea and I would be wary what kind of other dumb ideas the person has.

• i think such a relationship can exist. humans are flexible, we can live together in peace despite having differences.

• It would probably be annoying choosing what to eat everyday, but I guess that's just a 1st world issue.

• No, I wouldn't.

• No I'd feel guilty cooking meat. Having them smell the wonderful smoke roasted pig shoulder lol

• sure, my last big crush was a vegan and she's together with a meat eater too. works perfectly fine.

• They wouldn't like the taste of bacon in my mouth.

• as long as they are not constantly trying to convert me

• Menu plans, mayn

• yes as long as we both don't keep banging on about why we think each thing is better or worse.

• Yes.

• I definitely would not mind dating a vegan. In fact I'd be willing to try all of her dishes. I'm a fan of food. I'll try anything and if I like it I'll most likely eat it again

• Sure as long as they don't give me grief about my dietary choices

• According to medical science I probably shouldn't. A vegan diet makes sex difficult and unpleasant and it also makes a woman kind of edgy/irritable.

You know the story of the Hunch Back of Notre Dame? Well according to the story he got that hump because he couldn't get enough meat and milk in his diet.

• Yea with no force sure

• No probably not, none of the vegans I've met were good people, very judgmental among other things.

• The you should broaden your horizons hun.

• Hmm I see. Well lucky you :)

• I'm a veggie myselfe and would prefer her to be vegan over meat-eater, if my opinion counts :-P

• Yes, no problem since you are female.
    If i were a girl i don't know... because it seems meat is important for our gender.

• I would date a vegan. If the imposed their lifestyle on me I wouldn't like that and that's a deal breaker.

• No I wouldn't

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 19

• I'm a vegetarian so kinda inbetween and I literally couldn't care less unless their eating habits were seriously extreme like eating meat literally every day (that's like the unhealthiest thing you could do) or eating nothing but fruits that grow on trees or vegetables that grow under the ground (who even does that anyway?)..

• Preferably not

• Meehh I'd rather not, I love meat and I don't want a guy sending me weird looks every time I order a XXL rib steak.

• Damn. This was hot. Girl I respect you. That's a big steak. A girl that can eat. Is a win.

• @carinerose Ha, this made me laugh. I see your point. I wouldn't like a man staring at me everytime I ate non-animal products.

P. S You can get protein in other ways :)

• Haha yeah I know but going straight to the source is better xD

• No vegans are extreme

• Lol no

• Probably not simply because I don't really like vegetables so I'd be learning to cook something for them and still have to make something else for me

• I'm vegan. I wouldn't ever fuq with someone who didn't respect my dietary choices.

I'm dating a meat-eater right now, he's an adult and can make his own choices and he supports mine. Its just that simple.

• How do you guys do it when you go out to eat? Or parties? Does he ever pressure you to eat meat?

• We both compromise. He supports me and takes me to vegan restaurants that I like. On other nights we'll go to the places he likes and I make adjustments to the dish so it's vegan - I ask the server about ingredients if I'm not sure. Normally I prepare and look at the menu before we go out to see what my options are. Something that helps while eating out is to say you have allergies to diary/meat. People are a lot more understanding and accommodating.

I eat before I go to parties in case they're won't be anything for me there.

He's never pressured me, not once. Just like I never pressure him.

• That sounds fantastic! This was very helpful hun

• yeah sure, it wouldn't bother me. as long as he wasn't super anal about it. i do eat a lot of meat and i wouldn't change that

• Fuck no. >o >

• Yes, I would, so long as he wasn't trying to convert me or make comments about the meals I eat.

• im a vegan a i would date a meat eater as long as i wouldn't have to cook for him

• Well, you could cook for him. Just cook non-meat dishes. Just because someone is a meat-eater doesn't equal to that person eating meat 24/7. Personally I eat meat around 2 days a week and the other times I wouldn't mind a non-meat dish at all.

• @FakeName123 Yes of course i would cook veggies for him! i mean i wouldn't cook animal products

• Nope! Couldn't do it sorry XD
    I would have to be more cautious with what I buy/cook, go out to eat, and I think he would be disturbed when I pick up a piece of steak with my hands and chow down on it..

• Cows flesh you mean. Not steak.

• So I just don't think it would work out.
      Because one of my dream dates is to go on a beach and eat lobster and crab.
      And anything I bake he wouldn't be able to eat. :/

• Also let's say I got married to one. What would the kids eat? Would my hubby be disgusted to have kids that ate animals and used animal products? Would he be disgusted in me?

• I would.

• wouldn't bother me if my boyfriend became vegan

• Nope. I don't really want to hear someone trying to talk me into not eating meat 12 times a day because meat is murder even though animal's eat each other every fucking day.

And then there's the omg the smell of meat makes me want to vomit blah blah

• No. I cook for my man and if he's vegan I'm not going to cook rabbit food.
    There are only few restaurants we both enjoy together.
    Food is important to me and him being a vegan would be a deal breaker.

• Depends on if he is extreme or not.

• Uh probably not.

• I don't judge a person on their eating habits. Unless they are a cannibal. That is one exception to that rule.