Why do people give up?

I've seen people starting out new things because they aspire to be someone they want to be. In the long run, they just suddenly give up.

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't give up but I found it kind of dull after reaching my career goals.

There's something odd to fulfilling your dreams -- an emptiness that follows after. It's not happily ever after -- more like, "What now?"

I think a problem is that we formulate these dreams when we're very young. As we become adults, we can find a lot of other things that make us happy like family, friends, love interests.

It's usually the smaller pleasures in life that make us happy, not achieving gigantic dreams. The other one is working towards a dream -- that can make you happy, but it's not fulfilling it that makes you happy if so, it's working towards it.

One of my friends is one of the most unambitious guys I know. He has no career goals, just bounces between jobs, no dreams, just lives on a daily basis. He grows out his beard and loves to surf, and that seems to be his passion just being on the beach and riding the waves. In spite of having no big dreams, I think he might be one of the most relaxed and happiest people I know, so I can't really fault him.

I lived a life of high stress and tension, always fearing failure.

Most Helpful Girl

• People lose hope.
    It's a part of being human.
    As much as we'd all like to maintain being our best or be filled with positive thoughts, sometimes we are deterred because there's too much negatives according in our life.
    It can discourage us strongly.
    Those are the people that need to be reminded that things will get better and they can do it!
    It's hard to get back up when you have fallen down.

What Guys Said 3

• because they realize they can't achieve there goal so they decide to give up

• They're weak and pathetic.

• All love the Ends but hate the Means.

What Girls Said 3

• They just dont have the tenacity and drive for it

• I don't know. I never give up

• Because something ooes wrong and they just up