Did your parents ever spank you as a child?

Are you pro or anti-ass whoopings?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 27

• No, I have never been hit by my parents and I'm very, very much against it myself. I don't give a rat's ass about some people claiming that there's supposedly a difference between spanking a child's butt and hitting it across the face. It doesn't matter. Hitting your child is wrong in ALL circumstances and it doesn't achieve ANYTHING. Hitting is simply an expression of bad parenting. If you want your child to learn something from his/her mistakes, the punishment has to have a direct connection to whatever the child did wrong. By hitting a child, all you'll ever teach it is fear, insecurity, and a feeling of worthlessness and humiliation.

• Funny, I've been spanked and never learned any of things you're saying. I only learned not to repeat the mistakes. I also respect my parents more now. And I don't care what people think I'm disciplining my children.

• @kavyareddy2
      "NUMEROUS STUDIES have found increased risk of impaired child development from the use of corporal punishment. Corporal punishment by parents has been linked to increased aggression, mental health problems, impaired cognitive development, and drug and alcohol abuse. Many of these results are based on LARGE LONGITUDE STUDIES controlling for VARIOUS confounding factors. Joan Durrant and Ron Ensom write that "Together, results CONSISTENTLY suggest that physical punishment has a direct causal effect on externalizing behaviour, whether through a reflexive response to pain, modeling, or coercive family processes"
      en.wikipedia.org/.../Corporal_punishment_in_the_home

It's insane that people like you are even allowed to attend a university in the US because clearly you have about as much knowledge and understanding of science as some peasant in the 10th century. It's also not surprising that you come from the US because it's the only western country where people like you exist.

• So to make it short, I feel bad for your future children and it's a shame that people like you are even allowed to get children. There are thousands of couples who wish they could have a child and then there are people like who think it's totally acceptable to beat a human being who's 2 ft shorter and 100 lbs lighter. If you want to bully someone, at least have the decency of get yourself somebody who can defend himself/herself.
      And that's it. I'm gonna block your ass cuz I will not continue to argue with a person who thinks it's okay to abuse children.

• My mother did the ass spanking but it was weird and I think kind of traumatizing for me because of the kind of vulnerability associated and the kind of weird fetishes people can have with spanking, plus she did it for things that I wasn't guilty of doing but was just having her own emotional fit and thinking I caused trouble.

I went to primary school in Japan and my teachers had a much better punishment that didn't have that kind of weird effect. When I got in trouble, my teachers made me hold two buckets of water with my arms outstretched. I was not allowed to spill the water for ten minutes or lower my arms or else I would have to do it again the next day. That helped not only teach me my lesson but helped to make me stronger.

• I think with all things there is a spectrum, I think corporal punishment and spanking in particular should be used sparingly. That's how I was raised and I really only got spanked a couple times when I was really young.

• No, to both.

• Yup sure did and more, and I am pro discipline 100%

• Yea to a degree
    I'm against it
    It teaches nothing but fear
    Fear is a poor external motivator
    Instaed teach understanding
    The concous is a powerful motivator

• Yup turned out fine and I'll do it to my kids. I'm not raising sissies

• Half of America's kids need a good ass whooping for some of the shit I see online :v #WhoopthatAssGood

• I am Dominican. I am the definition of spanking as a discipline measure. Parents do not hesitate to hit you and Mark your face. Tbh I will spank my kids if I need to or I will embarrass them on the street

• Ya I got spanked and I think as long as its within reason its okay.

• nope, and I think it's good that way.

• yes and I am pro spanking

• Yes. I'm against.

• Hell yeah and I am pro-ass whooping but only as a last resort like my dad did.

• Yes I was and no I'm not anti-spanking

• I'm definitely pro whooping

• i am against spanking. but im not gonna tell other people how to raise their kids.

• Yep, plenty of times lol.

• Pro ass whippings. I didn't get spanked, I got beaten ! Had to cut my own switch.

• In my culture your entire family can supply you with a beating, if you misbehave.

• They did, I am undecided, though leaning towards spanking, and am pro-choice in this issue.

• This site should tell u. You should be anti spanking

Look at the comments everyone got spanked and this site is a bunch of basement dwelling 2 digit IQ homely fag world.

And yes, I got it too, A LOT which is why I am here as well

• Yup, when I messed up bad.

• Sometimes.

• Yes I got spanked

• Yes they did and I love them for caring enough to show me right from wrong.

• Pro spanking, sometimes I wonder if being whopped is the reason I like giving my girlfriend spankings every once and a while

What Girls Said 28

• I remember being spanked once.

My and my brothers were very brow beaten by my mother. We had extremely strict rules and if we didn't follow them, we were denied food and drink for the night.

Generally, we didn't step out of line. The only one who did was my oldest. And he was kicked out of the house several times a child by my mum and sent to the army.

You can probably tell she was a lovely woman. That's why we haven't seen or spoken for 8 years.

• Yes lol it never hurts thouy, it's just symbolic spanks and only happened rarely for exams and when I was 9 and my curfew was 9pm and got home at 1am instead lol.

• Pro whooping. I know, sounds terrible.
    But I have seen TOO many children who have been spoiled when they were very young and never got a small spanking to help them know right from wrong.
    I feel like a small spanking is okay, as long as it's not going to damage the child's body permanently and the child learns from it.
    I was definitely spanked and never ever again did I do my wrong doings.

• Nope, that never happened to me.

• My parents whooped my ass as a child. Let's just say I learned mah lesson and never did certain things again.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up

• No I didn't but I was beat with a wooden spoon which is far worse and it didn't do shit for teaching me to behave. Lmao
    Anti-spanking cuz you can still discipline your child without having to resort to violence.

• Yea my dad did, and I'm anti- because it turned into him beating me and him labeling it "discipline"

• anti whoopings, my parents made us exercise instead. my older brothers got hit a couple times but tht's not whooping, just a nice smack for stupid shit.

• Yes but I turned anti-spanking during my adult years and still don't agree with that method.

• Nope

• My siblings and I would get hit. I think if a kid does something shitty they should be disciplined if spanking is absolutely necessary then yea it needs to be done.

• Yeah I used to get spanked when I was younger but not anymore.

• yeah, i was a bad kid, but i think that my mom haven't spanked me since i was 7, lol. I don't know why

• My dad did yes

• nope, and I am anti spanking because that is just weird and humiliating the child.

• My dad never laid a hand on me but my mom spanked me sometimes or pulled on my ear.

• Yep... and my mom still isn't afraid to.

• Yeah I got a good amount of licks growing up.

• they still do lol

• I got spanked lots at school, not so much at home. I think it's wrong tbh

• What did I shittt? Got my ass whooped lol

• My parents weren't around enough.

• No not spank they would take a belt and I had to put my hand out and they would hit me with the belt

• I got hit, and I'm pro ass whoopings. It just has to have a cut off. There's a line between abuse, beatings, and a smack for doing something bad.

• I think once but I was well behaved. I am for discipline, I think nowadays it should be used because kids are getting away with alot!

• Nope and im against it.

• I got my ass beat as a kid, and sometimes with sticks, switches, sandals, wired hangers, leather belts, I got punched, and etc. I think that I'm an in betweener. I hate beatings, and or when parents beat their kids. However I have dealt with some kids (bad ass kids) who needed them but didn't get any discipline. I think beatings may be necessary, but also I think there are other ways to punish kids without beating them.

• Nope they didn't.