How would you feel if you day you die and come back alive as a cyborg?

I think I need to lay low playing video games one of these days.

anyways my inspiration in asking this was this video game that I bought a while back and decided to revisit it out of boredom. the game is...how would you feel if you day you die and come back alive as a cyborg?
obviously as the title says the game is about a ninja name Yaiba who fought another ninja prior to the game who happened to be Ryu Hayabusa the main protagonist of the main series. Ryu defeats Yaiba after slicing him from head to torso with his katana. years go by and Yaiba is then revived by a mad scientist name Del Gonzo (the main antagonist) as a cyborg in the middle of a post apocalyptic world which is when the game story line starts to occur. the first thing that came to Yaiba's head after being resurrected was to get revenge on Ryu for killing him so Del Gonzo makes a deal with him. the deal was that he will get him Ryu and supply him with everything he needs if he does all his dirty work.

so getting to the point throughout the game Yaiba finds life somewhat meaningless after realizing that he was brought back alive without his consent and all. so I was kinda paying mind to this, I mean I think I would feel miserable myself if I die one day and then out of nowhere come back to life as a cyborg without any of my consent. I think I rather stick to the true meaning of R. I. P. but oh well what are your thoughts on this? how would you feel in this situation?

another video game that has a very similar plot is Metal Gear Solid for PSX or Gamecube. in case you've never played it its about a soldier name Solid Snake infiltrating a nuclear facility located in Alaska that is being held hostage by a terrorist organization. during Snake's infiltration he encounters a cybernetic Ninja name Grey Fox.

http://i.imgur.com/kADYalS.jpg

this one also finds life meaningless after being resurrected as a special lab rat. he holds a really intense grudge on Solid Snake throughout the game and claims that he is a prisoner of death and that only Solid Snake himself can free him. he also tends to lose his sanity and have severe meltdown whenever he runs into Solid Snake

26

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd love that. It would be awesome. I'd like to become a feamale assassin 🔪🔫

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems better than being dead. I think they should make a female cyborg as my companion, since I'm not sure normal chicks are into some of those mechanical parts, unless my cyborg dick was a massive vibrator or something. I'd be much happier if they could save my original organic one, unless they could connect my cyborg vibrating dick to my nervous system.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know. I don't think about shit like that.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd probably feel nothing, at least for most part. No longer feel pain, pity, remorse, fear, etc. Unless somehow I was programmed to have feelings or mimic and emulate any feelings.

• It wouldn't be me. My timeline would have ended so all it would be is a cyborg with a copy of all the memories I had up until the moment before I died.

• @Bandit74 Yea, that's what I had been thinking about for some time. It's not exactly clear with mind uploading and consciousness uploading concepts for being a cyborg.

Until it's even remotely possible and occurs, we can only assume it's only a clone a simulated and emulated copy of someone, rather than actually taking the entire non-physical part of yourself, some like to call this the "soul" or "spirit", I'll just call this our unique and independent operating system (iOS LOL) "software", if it was the latter then all of our bodies, physical forms made of bio-organic matter (blood, flesh, bones, skin, hair, etc.) are merely just shells and like hardware. But by default, our "operating system software" are uniquely tied to one unique hardware which is our default human form and human body. But for now we'll have to assume it's really just a memories emulated and stored and backed up into a computerized system rather than the "soul" migration onto upgraded non-bioorganic form.

• @JudgmentDay
      Yeah, thats why I am more in favor of biological methods of immortality rather than artificial ones like becoming cyborgs.

• @Bandit74 But bio-organic forms of immortality are guaranteed to suffer the most from physical trauma, and guaranteed to suffer from pain, much more vulnerabilities than non-bio organic type of immortality. But if you value feelings, and if feelings are of high priority to you, then that's also understandable.

• I would go all Jason X on people with the excuse of being a Zombie.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2028340-how-would-you-feel-if-you-day-you-die-come-back-alive-as-a-cyborg

• I would be ok with it, I would think it is awesome

• I think similar, but not without consequences completely. If you get a substantial upgrade where you are resurrected as a cyborg that's almost impossible to kill and is much more smarter, faster, and stronger than you ever was or ever could be, it sound like an offer that is just too good to completely pass on. But sometimes a deal can be too good to be true, that it probably is though.

• Disappointed. It was hard enough the first time.

• But what if you came back but you absolutely no longer feel pain, no remorse, no fear, no pity, and became vastly stronger, faster, smarter, and more powerful than you ever could be now, nearly indestructible or immune to pretty much everything that can kill you, except maybe for an EMP or something similar?

Wouldn't that all be significant advantages? I get that the dying part and being dead first before being resurrected sucks, I won't disagree. It would suck if you were resurrected by some megacorporation as a cyborg only to end up being merely their "product", E. G. RoboCop.

Assuming all of the above can be considered "advantages", but let's say those things were guaranteed to work and is possible some day and somehow it was offered to you by, let's jsut say, a "life insurance" company, then would you reconsider the offer?