Would you be happy if you got everything you want?

Think about it carefully. Of course having more money, more friends, more success would make us happy.

but what if everything you ever said you wanted was granted? Would that make you happy? Or regretful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything I "ever" said I wanted?
    Nope, I'm sure I said a lot of dumb shit.

• Yes, this was my point. We've all said really stupid things and will continue to say and wish for dumb things. Would that getting all the positive things fulfilled be worth all the bad things being granted too? But I agree with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you would always just want more until eventually there was nothing left and you would be left feeling empty because your "happiness" was built on things and wants instead of living life. Building a foundation of anything on wants is always going to be rocky because at any point everything could be taken and the whole thing crumbles away. But building your happiness on something deeper is solid.

What Guys Said 19

• Why the fuck not lol
    After getting everything I wanted, I'd die in peace.
    This is the purpose why we humans live. To fulfil our desires. Thinkers say, a human is alive as long as he has dreams to fulfil. Easy way or hard way, if my wishes are getting fulfilled, I'd be happy because the purpose of my life will be served.

I know what you meant. It may feel so monotonous and some people say that you have to face the sorrows in order to respect the happiness in your life, but that's not the case with me. It just depends upon the perception of the person. I'm optimistic and (I can say) realistic enough.

• If I have money, everything else will follow! So yeah, I'll be happy with LOTS of money, I'll use that money to fulfil my other needs! :P

• No. Part of the joy of life consists in the process of working toward your goals and earning what you want. It is where you get the feeling of accomplishment. Though admittedly I would like to get a beautiful blonde wife who enjoys giving footjobs and two gorgeous little daughters. My dream is to be a husband and father.

• Nope I would rather achieve it..
    Life is a journey you should enjoy it.. Why are you in so much hurry.. Are you so eager to meet your end

• Yeah Totally

• So the entire universe and the power of god then?
    Sure. Gimme!

• Yes, cause the only thing I want is to see Orbison singing in person, unfortunately that will never happen :(.

• 1|0
  • Oh, i'm sure i would have new objectives, nonstop.

Or i could just sai "i want hapiness" i would be happy.

• Very happy. I could move on to the next challenge.

• But there would never be a challenge because everything you want is already done

• No. Not just what you want now. What you will always want. You'll never want for anything

• So I could want for things that will help others and become a great philanthropist?

• To me that's the filled half of glass
    Even if you have everything you won't be happy
    Then why so stressed when you don't have everything
    Ease up , you won't be happy ever

• Neither, the fun is in the journey, not the ending.

• Well, I wanted to go to a concert. I went. It was awesome. I am happy.

• what I want most is to be a tool for God, so yes.

• Yes, I'd be happily married and published

• Already have everything I want

• No. What would I do then? There's nothing left to accomplish.

• It doesn't matter what we want, once we get it, we want something else.

• Happy. What I make out of it is another challenge.

What Girls Said 14

• NOPE.

I like the challenge, having to WORK for what I want.

Makes it *THAT* much better when I get it. Unless we're talking about guys. LOL ;) Different ball game

• Yes, I mean I have almost everything I want and I'm happy. All I need is money (to buy stuff such as a phone and clothing) and it'll all be good

• Of course I would be happy! I don't see how could I feel regretful. If I had everything I wanted, my life would be perfect.

• I'd be happy to finally have everything accomplished but then what's left? Eventually you could feel empty. Having a goal to reach for is great encouragement. But even if I got everything I wanted at the moment I'm sure there's more stuff I'd still want but didn't know I did. I like to keep setting goals for myself to achieve.

• I'm sure I'd be happy if I'm truly getting what I want and not hurting others in the process.

• I'm not so sure about not hurting others. I mean we've all said regretful things about people or things that hurt us. I know I have. Would getting all the amazing things you want be worth all the thoughtless things said and felt be worth it?

• I haven't really done many things to hurt others, especially not intentionally.

• I feel the best after working hard to get what I want. There are some things, like relationships, that I don't want to work hard for lol. So... it would be nice if that part came easily.

• I would be bored. Not regretful, disapointed, just bored

• everything I uttered? Nope.

• For me, getting exactly what I want, has never ONCE been as good as I have imagined.

• Of course I would be happy, more than happy even.

• Yes it'd make me very happy.

• No, I don't want things that are good for me.

• What I want cannot happen. So no.

• No it wouldn't make me happy. It would make me depressed why? Because you won't have any motivation anymore. People who have everything handed to them, they mostly likely turned to drugs and sex and are snobs. They lack motivation and hard work. Eventually you get bored and if we all had everything we ever wanted in life. This place would be a boring dull place to live. There would be no creativity no art no pain. You have to fail to get better.